Mattress Isolation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alberto

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Song of Summer
Vessel Make
GB 42 Classic
One coleegue showed me in the rear cabin the matress isolated for humidity with a sort of plastic squared springs.
Any experience on this?
thanks

I use it, and can say it solves conensation issues very well.

Defender sells it for about $10/ft

We use HyperVent. We got it at Fisheries Supply. Works great, never any moisture under the mattresses.

If the mattress is just on a slab of plywood , drilling holes works well .

The area under the mattress will need to be vented to the cabin too.

Frequently under bunk storage is isolated from the boat , is colder as it has the cold hull chilling it , so the warm air condenses under the mattress . The heat and humidity from bunk occupants adds to the moisture.

First you have to make sure your mattress does not absorb moisture as many due. We have an electric blanket on low 24/7 during the colder months, which keeps the bed warm and dry. Crawling into a warm dry bed is the next best thing to having a warm body to keep you warm! :eek::D

First you have to make sure your mattress does not absorb moisture as many due. We have an electric blanket on low 24/7 during the colder months, which keeps the bed warm and dry. Crawling into a warm dry bed is the next best thing to having a warm body to keep you warm! :eek::D

I did not mean that much with my question !!!

And much cheaper.

Infrared heat lamp under the galley sole, under the engine and under the bed. Toasty feet, toasty Volvo, toasty butt. Damn cold in Lake Ontario right now.

Installed the much recommended HyperVent under mattresses last weekend. Due to its obvious value, I also now fully recommend it.

Order through:

Website - HyperVent Marine - Putting An End To Condensation

Email - 'hypervent_info@comcast.net'

Phone - 360 657 5503

Ask for Rex. Tell him Art with Tollycraft tri cabin sent ya. He’s great guy to work with. I have no affiliation with Rex or HyperVent… just helping to spread news on what I feel is a good, useful marine product.

Happy Condensation-Evaporation Daze! – Art :socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom