Hatteras 48LRC Refit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389455.164026.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389481.095195.jpg
This is me - a happy refitter, Dudley my carpenter is in the picture above.

yes sounds like a good idea... is there a way to make pictures smaller or do thumbnails or are these size pics ok? could be a lot...

Window and Felt replacement

Wow, well this is one boat that it makes sense to restore if you plan on keeping her. My salon windows need new felt and would probably benefit from new bedding. I've been dreading removing them, partly do to there weight and size. How difficult were they to remove?
Do you think you need a 21kw generator? I get along with my 16kw pretty well. The 9.5kw sounds good as a day genny as my 8kw is maybe a little small, it won't run my salon or pilot house air.
Are you going to redo the headliners with fabric? I replaced the headliner in 58 Yacht Fisher with vinyl over 1/4 plywood panels at the same time installed LED lighting. The downside to using panels, is the overhead beams may not not be fair enough and need adjustment, the fabric is very forgiving in that regard.
This is a good time to install new insulation. What will you be using?
Are you going to replace the paneling on your bulkheads. Mozambique is the the wood used originally, veneer is available from Sam's. I had Mozambique panel made in Oakland Cal. by Exotic Harwoods for around $250 a 4x8 by 1/2 sheet. This may sound expensive, but the veneers are over $100 bucks and by the time you laminate it to 1/2 plywood it's about right. Especially since they veneer both sides. Obviously I'm very interested in you project please keep us updated.

Wow, great pics! Can't wait to see more.

What did you do?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom