Lemay Family Car Collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Some shots from a visit on Saturday to the Lemay Family Car Museum, a collection of over 3,000 cars. Some 2,000 of them are on the Lemay property, a former Catholic boarding school. The collection is still being added to today.

The first shot is one of only 51 Tucker 48s produced. The center headlight turned with the front wheels, a brilliant concept.

Attachments

• Tucker.jpg
    Tucker.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Cord.jpg
    Cord.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Flatbed.jpg
    Flatbed.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Fliptop Ford.jpg
    Fliptop Ford.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 58
  • Cadillac V-16.jpg
    Cadillac V-16.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Packard.jpg
    Packard.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 46
  • Cadillac.jpg
    Cadillac.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Building 2.jpg
    Building 2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Building 3.jpg
    Building 3.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 75
Marin,
Thanks so much.
We went there about 10 years ago and can't figure out what you're say'in. You went there in December? Gotta explain that one cuz if it's open in the winter I've gotta go.
Love that Cadillac (the black one) and the yellow Buick convertible (behind the pink Cadillac). And in pic #3 what is that animal doing on the nose of the 36 Ford? And of course the Packards of the late 30s were supreme. I almost bought a Graham that looked just about like that Chord.
Thanks for posting Marin. You do know what I like.

Eric-- The Lemay Family Car Museum LeMay Family Collection Foundation used to be open to the public just a few days a year. Now they are open every day except Mondays from 10am to 5pm, noon to 5pm on Sundays. This is NOT the same museum as the Lemay museum in Tacoma. It is further south near Spanaway and Joint Base Lewis-McCord.

Apparently Ford used a greyhound as a hood ornament for awhile.

Last edited:
Not to hijack (well, maybe a little), but I know of Eric's keen interest in Buicks. Here is a link to Barton Close's web page. He is the son of my good friends Sarah Close and the late Bill Close. Sarah is the grand daughter of Walter Marr, who was David Buick's first engineer and worked closely with stylist Harvey Earl.

Hope you enjoy it.

Our Cars at Shows and in Action | William Barton Close | W. Barton Close

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420348191.714459.jpg
The oldest in the collection.

Thank goodness I don't have the addiction to cars I do to boats. Although it would be less expensive if it was instead of and not in addition to.

Back
Top Bottom