View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
sailormike

City: Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Vessel Name: Miss Dot Dee
Vessel Model: 1980 29' Prairie Trawler
RE: new Prairie 29 owner

Sorry guys it has been a while since I posted I have finally got the water tank installed and now have the water system totally back up and running I was having a few issues with my accumulator tank and the water pump turned out that the accumulator tank had a bent broken schader valve in it from the factory I fixed it and pressurized it and that part of the equation is working much better. I had to replace the water pump however didn't like the way it was preforming or the lack of flow and pressure. It would putout about 25 psi with one faucet open the new shurflo variable speed 5.7 is 65 psi the fresh water works great now. I also had to replace the anode rod in the water heater and that was a task. I get tired of having to paint the bilge so often so I put down dri-dek mats. Oh one to the next dilemma which was that during that little tropical storm that hit us my front hatch started leaking around the glass. had to re bed it and now I need to do it again I used the wrong sealant. oops well in that process I found a section of*de-lamination*on the cabin top I repaired with epoxy and glass and sanded down the original molded in non-skid and laid down a new layer of Awl-craft 2000 with griptex in it.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0389.jpg   dsc_0391.jpg   dsc_0396.jpg   dsc_0401.jpg   dsc_0402.jpg  

dsc_0406.jpg   img_0675.jpg   img_0762.jpg   img_0763.jpg   img_0784.jpg  

sailormike is offline   Reply With Quote