Silly winter projects: Hour meter synchronicity!...>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heron

Guru
Vessel Name
Heron (2)
Vessel Make
'88 Cape Dory 28 Flybridge #115
Since my Volvo Panel with LCD Hour meter is a bit hard to read, and totally blank after shutting down after a run though the count is right when it comes back on, I thought I'd add a secondary hour meter with Real numbers.....
Getting it syc'd to my current hours will take some time....Only 54 more days to go!....LOL..
Kinda like a countdown to spring....

20141231_124444-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Your honesty is refreshing. I can vision others replacing their hour meters and not syncing them.

So what would you think if I told you I'm on my third hour meter, thrid Hobbs, and approaching 2200 hours on the current one and close to 6,000hr total. No way I'm synching it or anything else.

Both the old ones failed between 1,500 and 2,000 hrs.

I do however still have the old meters and there is a BIG note of the changes in the log. Front page with date and then in the actual repair log as a proper entry.

In many cases practicality precludes what Heron is doing.

Heron, my newest meter is the same, Hobbs Quartz and it not given a lick of trouble.
The older two failed units are Hobbs mechanicals. They started trouble somewhat before i gave up on them. You should have good life from your new one.

There's a saying...

"A man with a watch always knows the time. A man with two watches is never quite sure."

Back
Top Bottom