View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #16
BaltimoreLurker
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
The idea of looking for financing and buying the marina myself has crossed my mind. The "55" wet slips is a bit of a stretch, 40 is more like it. Even so, the revenues from those slips would cover much, if not all, of the mortgage. Pasadena and Rock Creek aren't Annapolis, so the slip fees have to stay reasonable.

Nice looking house from the outside. But, the previous owner, Mr. Lou, was very old when he died a few years ago after living alone for years. His kids own the property now. I expect the house will need some serious renovation on the interior. Which had me thinking that instead of renovation, a conversation to a restaurant/bar would be a potential money making idea.

The grandfather of one of my best friends sold the land where the marina sits to the family of the current owners a long, long time ago. Back when waterfront property around here was owned almost exclusively by middle-class blue collar workers. A lot of them working out of Sparrows Point. I bet grandpa would be astounded by the value of that property today.
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote