Old 12-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #26
Conrad
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Geez, tough crowd. I get the tires right and I'm called "vaguely warm".

Not a Prius.
Could be an Explorer, but a man who buys Hakkapeliittas would tend to be more of a red wine drinker. Knows his way around a good steak too, and I'm not talking well done.
Wanted studs even, heck I even got that. Hmmm, I might go on a limb and say Grand Wagoneer, but those are too expensive to maintain going across the continent. Calgary is too practical to spend 100K just to warm up to nostalgia, even lovely Grand Wagoneer nostalgia. So..what is NOT an explorer, has the overland qualities of Wagoneer, but with a rugged leather interior?

I have its essence, I'm sure, but I just can't quite place it.

I'm going to say Toyota, but not the insulting Toyota. Something like a Land Cruiser.

Okay, what is it? Am I close?
Far away. In my misspent youth I had my fill of off road vehicles before they were called SUVs. For the regular drive between Calgary and Campbell River I wanted a vehicle that was meant for distance driving at speed and in comfort. SUVs do not handle well at speed.

So....This Nordic Tug owner drives a Honda Accord Coupe with all the goodies. (Much better than my previous Mercedes E550 4matic.)
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote