If you could live and boat anywhere in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My experience is it takes about 4-6 years to "do" the Chesapeake. I live in NC but boat on the Chesapeake because there are so many more places to see and do. I do love the waters of SW FL but not as many things to do without leaving the immediate area, however I am tempted to try there next.

Attachments

• 10-6-2010 018.jpg
    10-6-2010 018.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 62
  • mt36 037.jpg
    mt36 037.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 57
  • mt36 089.jpg
    mt36 089.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 58
  • mt36 041.jpg
    mt36 041.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 63
  • s5001855.jpg
    s5001855.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 58
  • s5002013.jpg
    s5002013.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 59
  • p1000646.jpg
    p1000646.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 57
  • p1000673.jpg
    p1000673.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 57
  • p1000768.jpg
    p1000768.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 64
  • dscn1791.jpg
    dscn1791.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 61
Daddyo wrote:

I live in NC but boat on the Chesapeake because there are so many more places to see and do.
Daddyo, I have follow up questions for you (I am visiting my parents*in*NC as I type this).* So you actually keep your boat on the Chesapeake?* Where abouts and how far is it (hours of driving) from where you live?* how often do you go to your boat?* why on the Chesapeake and not somewhere in NC?

thanks!

Deltaville, VA to Raleigh is 3 1/4 hours. I make the drive about 25 times a year. In total I spend about 6-7 months in Deltaville. The Chesapeake because there are so many more places to go and things to do.

Daddyo wrote:

My experience is it takes about 4-6 years to "do" the Chesapeake. I live in NC but boat on the Chesapeake because there are so many more places to see and do. I do love the waters of SW FL but not as many things to do without leaving the immediate area, however I am tempted to try there next.
Right on, Daddyo.* To me the Chespeake and SW Florida are the two best cruising grounds south of Rhode Island.* We are in SW FL now and planning to leave for the Chesapeake for summer and fall this coming May.* The Abacos are about as good as cruising gets.

We kept a boat at Morehead City for about five years.* I would do the*same as you and headquarter out of a Chesapeake port.* The cruising is wonderful.*

BTW I had a 36 MT Sedan for about 6 years.* It was a great boat but a little slow for my cruising style.* You can get alot of enjoyment out of that craft.

superdiver wrote:I notice that there are not many people on here who post from Hawaii? So when I was there last week I made a point of checking out the local marinas on the north shore were I was staying. I didnt see many trawlers people would stay on there.

Is there a reason? I can see getting there a hassle, but not a HUGE problem. I would have thought that you be a neat place to explore if you had the time....
I've only been I HI twice, both times to Oahu, once arriving and departing by plane and once arriving by sailboat and departing by plane.* Some friends had to take their boat from Kaneohe Bay on the NE side of Oahu, around the E side to Honolulu and it was EXTREMELY rough and unpleasant.* Of course I don't know if it is ALWAYS like that but maybe that is a factor?

Marin used to live in HI but I don't think he boated while he lived there, I think that came later.* Maybe he will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom