View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #180
O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Rex wrote:

Well Ted who is right and who is wrong bares no significance to me, we saved a life, how bloody good was that, the lady she lives-convince her it was anchor Rhode and not the Sarca that saved her life? You may be right, the Sarca users must have been intelligent yachtsman as none of them dragged due to Rhode length I suppose, Ted you have a good name, it too was my father’s—he was a septic if ever there was one. If you are not convinced-- want more on our anchor performance, then recorded by the NRL in the U.K.- the rescue of a boat in force ten anchored on a Sarca documented in the U.K. with the events leading up to it recorded on their radio and documented —let me know and I will pm the whole story to you and anyone else if interested. Look this Mermaid scene is not mine but there may be a good dollar in this for Noelex, put out a sign and photo of his mermaid when anchored --- stating, if you are not sure your anchor is set you can hire a mermaid to check. Maybe the idea will catch on—I would hate to see where it could lead to if competition gets stiff.
Regards Rex.

Rex calm down. I like your product, people speak highly of it on this forum, and I wish it had a significant presents in the USA. That being said, I think it safer to say that the captains who chose you product and anchored properly with sufficient scope survived through wise choices. Clearly the holding power of your anchor without adequate scope would have caused the boats to have been pulled under when the tsunami wave hit their boats.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters