Californians in the Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfreeman_1998

Vessel Name
M/V Patience
Vessel Make
1978 Californian 38' Trawler
Completely by chance we had 3 Californians anchored together in the Delta. Two 34s and a 38. Had a great impromptu owners meeting. We toured each others vessel's. Saw the improvements each other had made. The 34s were each owned by guys from Chicago named Al...... [not Capone!]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always found the pattern of names to items they own to be interesting. Many of my clients are either named Mike, or have names that start with an M. Also interesting is what's popular in one area vs another. When I lived in Georgia you would never see a Ford Torino unless it had Tennessee plates. Also noticed how there would be lots of the same model boats on the market at the same time, sometimes for years, then all of a sudden they would all be bought in the same week and you never see any again on the market for years, then all of a sudden those same people unbeknownst to each other call and list them at the same time. Or better yet, you tell people there's an invisible man in the sky watching you, and most nod there heads yes, but you tell them the paint is wet, they gotta touch it to see. Strange us humans. Puzzling evidence.

Last edited:
Hmm... Someone named Al from Chicago that owns a Californian and weekending in the Delta.

Any ideas who that could be?

Did one of the "AL's" open the fridge on each boat to inventory the beer supply?? I think I know which one that was!!

Ah!! You guys are killing me!! I never check a fridge on the first visit! But next time I'm in Petaluma...

It was a fortuitous coincidence to meet Al and Mike on our Delta Cruise. They have two great examples of well maintained, and obviously well-loved, Californians. It's always fun to compare boats and share stories about the boats we love. Thanks for allowing me to tour your boats with you.....and for saving my beer!

Mike and Al, thanks for not posting those incriminating photos of the weekend like some other member has done in an attempt to further sully my reputation. It was a true pleasure meeting you both and look forward to a future rendezvous in Petaluma. I promise to show up with a fridge full of IPAs.

I didn't take any photos of your raft-up, not wanting to divulge your exposure to our seedy side of the delta community. Hopefully you can add your own photos to the thread. In the meantime, I share this photo of our foursome from this morning.

img_256510_0_8ad7c5b0812b09ebcf2475db6e877283.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time.

When we finally get our boat down that way exploring we'll let you check our fridge for beer :)

Ah!! You guys are killing me!! I never check a fridge on the first visit! But next time I'm in Petaluma...

Now, Now, come clean, Al. There is photographic proof in the achives to counter this claim. We may have to bring Walt back for verification.

Now, Now, come clean, Al. There is photographic proof in the achives to counter this claim. We may have to bring Walt back for verification.

Nope...that wasn't the first time I met Walt or had seen his boat. But I'd love it if SeaHorse would return for verification or any other reason. I bet he's reading this and smiling. Hi Walt! :D

Nope...that wasn't the first time I met Walt or had seen his boat. But I'd love it if SeaHorse would return for verification or any other reason. I bet he's reading this and smiling. Hi Walt! :D

Well, I have my evidence. Where's yours?

Yep, looks familiar. Not good to humiliate a fellow TF'er like that. We all know that when it comes to beer Al has no shame. I rest my case.

That was our second visit. We met earlier but didn't go out on the boat. He picked me up at my hotel in downtown San Diego. On visit #2, we planned it with Walt meeting me at the airport to see the Learjet. Then we went straight to the boat.

Defense rests, your honor.

That was our second visit. We met earlier but didn't go out on the boat. He picked me up at my hotel in downtown San Diego. On visit #2, we planned it with Walt meeting me at the airport to see the Learjet. Then we went straight to the boat.

Defense rests, your honor.

No evidence or witness? Prima facie case. Give him the max, your honor.

Hey Mike, we gotta do this again this summer! I just got news that the Taste of the Delta is scheduled for August 8 at the same location, Tower Park Marina. Any plans for the Petalumans to cruise the Delta again this summer?

We'll be looking to return to Petaluma in the spring. Hoping we can rendezvous and compare fridge contents! My bet is your Yacht Club cooler will beat my boat fridge!

Back
Top Bottom