Bitmap uploads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
The site seems to only accept .jpg's for pictures. Any way you can set it to accept bitmaps (.bmp)'s?

This seems pretty typical of the forums of this type I've dealt with. Interestingly, the Grand Banks forum accepts only jpegs but if you "save as" a picture that's already on the forum, it's saved to your computer as a bitmap.

The way I deal with it if it comes up is to simply load the non-jpeg photo into Photoshop and save it out as a jpeg.

Yep Keith, you are just going to have to convert it. Marin's suggestion is one way. I would assume there are many more. Are there any advantages to the bitmap format.

Bitmaps are raw images and dont really have any compression, they will just take up more space on the website. Microsoft Paint is free with windows and you can convert a BMP to a JPG.

Ok. I know how to convert them, I was just hoping I wouldn't have to. I've gotten spoiled posting .bmp's to Facebook.

This ain't friggin FacePlant!* It's better than that!
furious.gif

BTW, don't bother looking for me on ANY social sites trying to deface my page.* I'll join FacePlant when Betty White joins!
biggrin.gif

“I didn’t know what Facebook was,” White said, ”Now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it seems like a huge waste of time.”<a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/11/2010-05-11_facebook_fans_launch_the_official_page_for_getting_betty_white_to_host_the_acade.html#ixzz15kTubzhY">
</a>

-- Edited by dougd1 on Friday 19th of November 2010 11:03:44 AM

Geez Doug, having a bad day?

Back
Top Bottom