All I want for Christmas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Tell us about your new Christmas gift that you'll be enjoying on your boat this new year. If I was found to be nice, I'll post later when the ladies of the family finally wake up and we open our gifts from St. Nick.

Merry Christmas to all TFers! Ho-Ho-Ho!!

My wife and I gave each other new seats for the fly bridge. A couple of years ago we gave each other survival suits.

She knows not what she has done :D

(Actually she does, and it's the gift that will keep on giving for years, and years, and years, and years... :) )

Attachments

• Yanmar Parts Cat 2014.jpg
    Yanmar Parts Cat 2014.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Some new Maretron equipment, and a new electronics package to replace our Inoperable simrad equipment.

I already got my main presents....
img_293507_0_48262eb1e8d597ba7a9de6198c7fad98.jpg

img_293507_1_5f7824c1bf85a6d5d1bc10eb83a8c779.jpg

so I'm not expecting much more. We'll be opening presents this afternoon. Mama has already gotten a Treager grill but there are more things under the tree for her.

Automatic Trim and a new anchor. I was really good!

Attachments

• alc_500.jpg
    alc_500.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Anchor Tensioner.jpg
    Anchor Tensioner.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 108
Bought my boat another boat for Christmas!
Quicksilver 270 airdeck. My last inflatable years ago was a Mercury and it gave us years of good service gunkholing around the Chesapeake..... Now just need some warmer weather, some Weaver Snap Davits, and a little time to get my 20 yr old 2hp Honda running again!!

20141219_142438-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still looking for the 12 foot trinka sailing dinghy to put under the tree.

My daughters gave me a Weems and Plath weather station and my wife gave me an embroidered hoodie with boat name and home port waypoints stitched on. Lucky dude lucky dude! Merry Christmas Trawler Forum!!!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1419538855.804734.jpg
I got some pee pads for the boat. Think they are for the dog, but could come in handy for single-handed runs when I can't run to the head.

?

Last edited:
This year I got a fuel polishing system and oil change system, now for the fun/stressful part, the install. I got the Admiral a new bridge enclosure.

New Wesmar bow & stern thrusters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 110
We don't celebrate Christmas at home until Sunday. We, however, had the greatest possible Christmas last night and this morning. This is our 14th year in celebrating Christmas at an orphanage in NC. The kids are beyond awesome. So many former residents come back for the holidays as well. The sense of family and community is overwhelming. We feel so blessed to just know them and get the chance to experience and share. These are such special kids who have reasons to be angry but instead are so joyful. So supportive of each other. So filled with love to share. We give to them but they give far more to us. People are surprised we didn't choose to have kids. Well, we did. We have 70 or so in the time we've been involved. Over 40 there at any time. We make family and friends wait to celebrate as we can't imagine Christmas Eve or Christmas morning anywhere else but with these incredible kids and the lovely people who assist them along their way, relieve the pain they bring in with them, and support them and love them as they grow.

Oh Blueyonder, you got the wrong anchor! (Just kidding). I didn't get any boat stuff but my boat got a new isolation transformer last night and this morning.

I received a wireless weather station.

My (our) greatest gift was to have all our children with us for Christmas. We rented a house for the week, and we had the kids and their spouses/significant others stay with us. Lots of laughter, love, and fun.

Priceless.

I got a new boat hook! hurray!

I'm ordering 8 bronze hawse pipes from Parks ( Hopcar ) either today or Monday .

Been a pretty good boy this year:

-Shaft alignment
-Tank cleaning
-New through-hulls and seacocks
-Garmin 7612xvs MFD (for lower helm), radome and downvu transducer
-Vesper AIS
-2 icom VHFs
-new flybridge canvas and plastic

Could not get all of this under the tree, but Santa's word on it is good enough for me.

Bought my boat another boat for Christmas!
Quicksilver 270 airdeck. My last inflatable years ago was a Mercury and it gave us years of good service gunkholing around the Chesapeake..... Now just need some warmer weather, some Weaver Snap Davits, and a little time to get my 20 yr old 2hp Honda running again!!

20141219_142438-vi.jpg

Quicksilver are good inflatables. That's an 11', two bench seat, 1998 inflatable bottom model on forward cabin in avatar. Had an 8 hp Nissan at stern on sun deck. All moving was done by arm-strong. Sold her years ago soon after picking up a really comfortable 4 seater, fully canopied Crestliner "Stinger" 14'8" tow behind runabout with 50 hp Johnson.

This year we got two great folding seats, each with integral overhead canopy... for sundeck use. And, a really nice safety/medical/accident portable locker in zippered/Velcro fabric case that can be taken back and forth between our Tolly and the runabout.

Enjoy your Quicksilver! :thumb:

Art

We don't celebrate Christmas at home until Sunday. We, however, had the greatest possible Christmas last night and this morning. This is our 14th year in celebrating Christmas at an orphanage in NC. The kids are beyond awesome. So many former residents come back for the holidays as well. The sense of family and community is overwhelming. We feel so blessed to just know them and get the chance to experience and share. These are such special kids who have reasons to be angry but instead are so joyful. So supportive of each other. So filled with love to share. We give to them but they give far more to us. People are surprised we didn't choose to have kids. Well, we did. We have 70 or so in the time we've been involved. Over 40 there at any time. We make family and friends wait to celebrate as we can't imagine Christmas Eve or Christmas morning anywhere else but with these incredible kids and the lovely people who assist them along their way, relieve the pain they bring in with them, and support them and love them as they grow.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bravo!

Thanks for the Bravo but we don't feel like we deserve such as we're the ones getting the most pleasure. In many ways it's something we do for ourselves. They're such a reminder to us of what holidays and celebration is really about and of the goodness in this world, one in which we so often focus on just the bad. We're strong believers in young people.

We spend a large percentage of our time just having fun on the water. We're not the "forego all worldly possessions type". We get renewed by the kids, reminded of purpose, gratified that we can play a small part in their lives. We leave there with such a warmth inside.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

One of my favorites is a photo calendar for the boat that my wife made for me summarizing 2014 in chronological order so I can relive and retell all those boring stories EVERY MONTH to my boating friends!

I also got a couple of nice triple rod holder mounts to convert my single holders to triples and some rod balancers for no-resistance bait fishing. Now I can have 6 rods balancing securely across the back rail.

Also, my daughter gave me a wall mount bottle opener with a SS bottle cap catcher. How did she know I'd like that so much???

img_293801_0_a8fe320d196a3e64ec46b5f3acec26c3.jpg

It's not if I'm rafted up next to you! That's OK, though. I'll learn to deal with it!!

img_294765_0_85901d8993ece55da7dc9060745edc6d.jpg

Just got the Hurricane heater replaced, a warm Christmas for us. However, the best gift was the soda stream, no more lugging heavy sodas (or mixers) to the boat while we are cruising port to port.

Just got the Hurricane heater replaced, a warm Christmas for us. However, the best gift was the soda stream, no more lugging heavy sodas (or mixers) to the boat while we are cruising port to port.

Wifey showed me those soda streams the other day they look great

Yeah, why don't I have a Soda Stream yet? Nothing but good reviews from other boaters, and I gulp a lot of plain soda water. I think the last thing I got for Christmas was a Ronco Pleasure-matic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom