View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #48
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Doesn't make sense and when I initially hit the "Post quick reply" the text was posted as above.

Al
Al--- If you want to post a photo, select the Advanced button first. This will give you a new text window to type your post in.

After you've typed your post-- or before if you want to, it doesn't matter---scroll down in the advanced mode to find find a button that says "manage attachements."

Select this button and it will open a new, smaller window on your screen with a blank list at the top with ten spaces with buttons to the right that say "browse."

Click the first browse button and it will let you navigate to the location where your photo is (I usually put it on the desktop to make things easy).

Click on the photo and it will be loaded into the first space.

You can select up to ten photos, one at a time, until the spaces are all full.

When you have selected the photo or photos you want to post, select the button "upload" which is at the bottom right of the list spaces. Your computer will then start to upload the photos. This can take awhile depending on the number and size of the files.

Note that there is a limit to how big a photo file can be. If it's too big you computer can get "stuck" trying to load it and it will just sit there with nothing happening until you bail out of the forum.

When the photo(s) have loaded, a small list of them will appear just above where it says "Attachment key."

Once the photos have loaded, you can then close the manage attachments window and then hit submit reply under the text window for your post. After a few seconds your post and its attached photo(s) will appear at the end of the thread.

It's simpler to do than I've made it sound....
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote