old "classic" boat prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
Let's all hope that the prices of classic boats mirror the huge recent price jump of classic cars. That would be great!!! Have you checked car prices recently? Insane.

Here are my classic boats. It's unlikely, but I sure hope they are eventually worth more than I have in them! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• Sh-Boom min.jpg
    Sh-Boom min.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Donzi 18 min.jpg
    Donzi 18 min.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 110
Can't find anybody to buy my old Buick. And I'd say Classic car prices are down. Bought the Buick 15 years ago for $4500 and thought I got a good deal. Not even a nibble at $3600 now. I think e-bay and craig's list have flooded the market w old cars and boats. Ninety percent of the cars and boats listed would not be availible if it weren't for the internet.

Hey Eric. What type of old Buick do you have? I have a '67 Wildcat Convertible that I dearly love. Don't care if it's EVER worth anything!

ERIC

Attachments

• Sheldon 1.jpg
    Sheldon 1.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 110
Hey Eric. What type of old Buick do you have? I have a '67 Wildcat Convertible that I dearly love. Don't care if it's EVER worth anything!

ERIC

Hey kraftee - Nice 67 Cat ya got there!

For three years I toured the U.S. in my very early 20's driving a 1966 Wildcat (after making good bucks building and owning a restaurant/tavern in Maine during my late teens). Since 1998 I've owned and been cruising locally in my 1967 Cat. Just had an expert race motor re-builder do complete original spec rebuild on her 430 cid 360 hp motor. at 125,250 miles blow-by suddenly became too much. Man, this rebuild he did has BIG Balls! LUV Dem Cats!! - Art

Attachments

• Art's 1967 Wildcat - All Orig - 122K Mi.jpg
    Art's 1967 Wildcat - All Orig - 122K Mi.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 112
Can't find anybody to buy my old Buick. And I'd say Classic car prices are down. Bought the Buick 15 years ago for $4500 and thought I got a good deal. Not even a nibble at $3600 now. I think e-bay and craig's list have flooded the market w old cars and boats. Ninety percent of the cars and boats listed would not be availible if it weren't for the internet.

What do you have, and where can I see it? Down here in Florida, the cars on Craigs List are particularly insanely high, which is why people go to auctions to buy. I flew to Seattle to buy my Ramcharger, and will travel or buy sight unseen if enough photos are proffered.
kraftee-love your Wildcat and boats.

Last edited:
My 455 Centurian. Near Bellingham WA.

A sedan of course. Convertibles are for kids.

Attachments

• DSCF1541 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1541 copy 2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF1533 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1533 copy 2.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF1538 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1538 copy 2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF1544 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1544 copy 2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 105
Well Manyboats, a Centurion isn't exactly a classic. Nice looking car though and would quickly sell at a Friday night car show, or on the side of the road with a sign. I would buy it if it was close by.

Thanks for the link FF. The tumblehome is extreme and serves no significant purpose but the whole boat is a beauty. Like the AlumaCraft I see the Ranger w a cast bow piece.

kraftee your Buick has a drop dead gorgeous clean side. Nice color too. The sweeping fender crease line is truly beautiful. The white interior contrasts very nicely. My upholstery isn't perfect but it's soft and comfortable.

pilothouse king ... so what's a "classic"?

Attachments

• DSCF1537 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF1537 copy 2.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Thanks Eric, Art, and PHK! In '67 my Dad was a Buick dealer and that summer the family took a two-week vacation in a brand new Wildcat convertible. To my 9-year-old eyes it was the coolest, most beautiful car I had ever seen. I still feel that way about it. Took me over 40 years to find just the right 'Cat. Eric, although convertibles may be for kids - it's like Dana Mecum says, "When the top goes down, the price goes up!"

Attachments

• P5060137.JPG
    P5060137.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 99
  • P5060144.jpg
    P5060144.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Engine 01.jpg
    Engine 01.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 99
pilothouse king ... so what's a "classic"?
I guess it would be those cars who's prices have recently gone insanely high? :D

kraftee-love the garage (or barn!)too, I just did mine and wanted the black and white design but the garage rehab guy talked me into expoxy. Looks great, wasn't cheap either, but that is what I really wanted. I have a AMG 55 convertible and my 15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90 hp Yamaha (owned since 1988) in mine. I have a hankering for a old Chevy Fleetline and can't believe how much people are asking for them now. The values on my car has fallen off a cliff but don't care owned it since new, it's fast and I love it. Just so strange that a VW Beetle or old Chevy brings more money than something of quality. Be like a Seiko being worth more than a Rolex, or in boating analogy, a old Carver being worth more than an Intrepid. Just odd-the values today.

Last edited:
Bob I LOVE!!!! that Mercury!

Issatt really yours?

It sure is. Completely stock except for dual exhaust and 2" lowering blocks in the rear. No rust, most of its life was spent in New Mexico!

Budd,

Absolutely right! The photo was from last summers cruise. Did you continue west to the end of Finlayson Arm and Goldstream Marina?

Bob, No, we picked up the mooring early in the day and went ashore and took in Buchart Gardens. The following morning we cruised back up Sanich Inlet and went on to Ganges. If a person is fortunate to pick up a mooring buoy in Buchart Cove I think there is no better way to see Buchart Gardens. We viewed the gardens until we were tired and hungry then went back to the boat for lunch and a nap. Refreshed, we returned to the gardens until after dark.

There are a lot of classic boats cruising in this area. There is also so much to see.

PHK, Yes, that is my "barn". I have had that checkerboard vinyl tile floor down for 20 years and it has held up great. However, the Buick has been residing in my garage over the last year while I have been building this out in the barn...

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 83
WhatWhat!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Bob, No, we picked up the mooring early in the day and went ashore and took in Buchart Gardens. The following morning we cruised back up Sanich Inlet and went on to Ganges. If a person is fortunate to pick up a mooring buoy in Buchart Cove I think there is no better way to see Buchart Gardens. We viewed the gardens until we were tired and hungry then went back to the boat for lunch and a nap. Refreshed, we returned to the gardens until after dark.

There are a lot of classic boats cruising in this area. There is also so much to see.

That's exactly what we did. Walked out the gate as the lights went out, it is a spectacular place at night!

Forklift are you buying or selling or just showing off you classic boat?

Budds O,
Was just commenting on the cool hot rod.... I love my old Present 42, and hope to continue to work on her for years to come!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Budds O,
I love my old Present 42, and hope to continue to work on her for years to come!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Of course I'm biased but I like the looks of your boat. Its worth working on for years to come.

We moored in Buchart Cove a few years ago and did the gardens. Very worthwhile thing to see. As a floatplane pilot it was entertaining to see Harbour Air maneuvering their turbine Otters to and from the dock. Thank God for beta props.:)

While there we saw this amazing flotilla of jellyfish (second shot). The "school" stretched for a couple hundred yards just outside the cove.

Last shot is my idea of a classic car (I'm not a fan of American cars). I used to have one of these in college in Colorado; a Mark II that the previous owner had installed a Jaguar XK engine in. The XK conversion was a really bad idea I found out but at least he'd kept the orignal engine.

It was one of those things I think about now and wonder how I could have been so dumb to sell it. But I went back to Hawaii after my freshman year and it just wasn't practical (or affordable) for me to take the car with me. So I sold it back to the guy I'd bought it from. He probably still has it and it's probably worth a zillion dollars. The 3000s in the photo were in a Vancouver Island car club that paid a visit to the restaurant in Genoa Bay while we were there one year.

Attachments

• p1040248.jpg
    p1040248.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 82
  • jellyfish1.jpg
    jellyfish1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 330
  • p1030952.jpg
    p1030952.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 86
Wow, that water is solid jellyfish. We anchored on Todd Inlet when we did the Gardens, one of the most beautiful days and nights ever. That Inlet gives a new definition to the word "serene." Eagles in the trees, seals goofing around in the water at dawn. One of our favorite memories.

Marin - Last time I saw jellyfish infestation similar to that was Boston Harbor; mid 1960's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom