Another Good Book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Old School
Vessel Make
38' Trawler custom built by Hike Metal Products
Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors
True story, best WW2 book I've ever read.

Funny, one of my boys asked me yesterday what I wanted for Christmas and I said a book would be good, so I will see if he can find if this is still in print.

Look forward to reading it.

Another book suggestion;

'The Narrow Road to the Deep North' by Richard Flanagan.

It's a harrowing story set around the building of the Thai/ Burma railway by allied prisoners of war. It's a novel based around actual events. Extraordinary book.

It's still in print, maybe 4 years old, hope Santa brings you a copy for Christmas. I'll check the Narrow Road out, thanks.

A good read is 'A Higher Call' , about a German Luftwaffe pilot who spared a crippled B-17 over Germany and their meeting years later. Incidently, almost no Luftwaffe pilots were Nazi's.

Thanks for the recommendation of Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors. Amazon has it in stock and also for Kindle.

You'll love the book David. The ships were built in Brown Shipyards in Houston, my hometown. I have my Mom's I.D. card for the Port of Houston dated 6-12-43, she was 16 and probably saw some of these ships. The officers stayed in the Rice Hotel when they came to get their ships. Rice Hotel was the place to stay then, also during my childhood. It was a big deal to go to dinner at the Rice.

Back
Top Bottom