Breaking News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barpilot

Veteran Member
With the announcement this morning about normalizing relationships with Cuba, wonder how long it will be before we can freely travel there. Might be a big bonus to cruisers. Betting American business can hardly wait to get their hands on Cuba.

With the announcement this morning about normalizing relationships with Cuba, wonder how long it will be before we can freely travel there. Might be a big bonus to cruisers. Betting American business can hardly wait to get their hands on Cuba.

A few years ago I had a Canadian friend that secured a location for his business

he owns a rum and sailors destination in the BVI

I am betting it will be at least 5 years or so before we can travel for tourism.

I had a US Customs agent seize my rum until he read the label stating it was bottled in Canada. Will we now be able to buy Cuban cigars and rum?

They say there is no infrastructure in place. Marinas, dockage and fuel in place to handle the cruising tourist. I sure would like to own a piece of waterfront property when and if the boom takes place.

According to some Canadian cruising friends of mine, Marina Hemmingway is fantastic. Just not all that many boats there. Probably not if you need some sort of major service, but still................

Is Marina his daughter? Pilar moored there?

I think the embargo will be lifted in the final months of Obama's presidency. And yes, you can tour Hemingway's yacht in Havana (I think it's there?).

Back
Top Bottom