View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #18
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
As an addicted boat-luver myself!

The following “Boats – Forever!” is what I included at the end of “TOLLY LIFE - AGELESS DESIGN”, a poem I wrote for Mr. Robert Merland Tollefson in 2009 for his ninety eighth year. I supplied bound copies for both he and his right hand man, a good friend and employee of his, Gordon who was for decades Tollycraft’s lead purchasing agent, Gordon to this day is still the overseer of Tolly-Classified http://www.tolly-classified.com/partsdir.html Gordon personally delivered to Mr. Tolly his copy of my poem.

Robert Tollefson passed away shortly after his 100 year birthday. Now… There was a man who was very happily addicted to boats! My poem’s researched contents depict portions of Mr. Tolly’s life; even well before his many decades of successful Tollycraft boat building. If anyone would like to read the fairly long poem… PM me your email address… I’ll be glad to send it along. Boats were embedded into in Mr. Tollefson’s genes… as can be seen throughout my poem, boats and he were tied at the hip. You could say he had boats and boating deeply in the marrow of his bones! That is why he built such good boats and refused to parlay with requests to join business-forces with those who did not hold his standards of boat building and business acumen. Way I see “IT”: Ya either got “IT” or ya don’t. And, I’m very pleased to at least have some portion of “IT” deep inside my bones. Mr. Tolly had “IT” x 100!

Boats – Forever!

Of necessity and for simplicity, floating devices were utilized by humans for transportation purposes long before the wheel was devised.
Via human ingenuity, intelligent boat designs became the natural outcropping.
Of necessity and for pleasure, floating devices that carry all manner of items will continue to be one of the most often used and intricately designed transportation devices.
Of pleasure, “power boating” and “sail boating” will always remain as one of the best recreational devices ever available, bar none!

By design, Tollycraft will always be a renowned name in boats.

THE END!

Art is offline   Reply With Quote