POWER HOSE Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Could anyone look at their 50A 120/240 power hose and tell me what wire size is inside?

Probably #8 but perhaps #6 on a higher quality 50 fter.??

The info should be marked outside on the cable.

TIA!

My Back up cord is #6 I have it here but I THINK my main is Larger #4 they are 50 footers

I will not be at the boat fora a few more weeks so can not confirm until then on my main one

50 amp is typically 6 gauge wire.

Agree that 50amp is #6

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Could anyone look at their 50A 120/240 power hose and tell me what wire size is inside?

Probably #8 but perhaps #6 on a higher quality 50 fter.??

The info should be marked outside on the cable.

TIA!

What is a power hose?

Is is a thing that runs past the bumpers?.. and the ropes that hold the boat to the dock?
:whistling:
HOLLYWOOD

What is a power hose?

Is is a thing that runs past the bumpers?.. and the ropes that hold the boat to the dock?
HOLLYWOOD

The Captain Ron DVD is a MUST on the boat!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

And a water hose is a "hose pipe"--at least it is in parts of Louisiana.

What is a power hose?

HOLLYWOOD

I wasn't going to go there, but since you did.....,.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

A while back we were in St. Pomme tied off next to this one eyed captain and he showed us how you can string your fenders using your shore power cable, this way less stuff to put out and your power cord never gets in the water. Oh and it's #6, you don't want smaller gauge if the weather begins to blow.

BTW, you should have seen this guy dock!

Thanks Guys,

I had a lady friend (back in my single days) that took aboard the water hose , and then asked if she should take in the POWER HOSE , I thought the name was great ! so still use it from time to time.

Like military DESIREMENTS , a great conceptual word.

thanks guys,

i had a lady friend (back in my single days) that took aboard the water hose , and then asked if she should take in the power hose , i thought the name was great ! So still use it from time to time.

Like military desirements , a great conceptual word.

t m i

Back
Top Bottom