Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. GS. I do believe you're correct-GOOD EYE! I understand CL only made 5 of these. What had me scratching my head was the Seamaster did not have the broken sheer line aft around the cockpit.

RTF, I've read a bit about this design over here: http://www.seawitch.ca/. Love low-profile boats like this one. The cockpit should make a great place for fishing/angling.

Thanks. So my first instinct was correct, but said to myself "no it couldn't be" as the last time I saw any was wayyyyyyy back when I worked at Merrill Stevens and they were totally decomposing when they were only five years old. I mean badly, but I loved the design. I haven't seen any since. This one was obviously totally rebuilt. It's decks and superstructure were so seamless I thought she could be a metal boat. I love to see gorgeous designs-still alive. Some, like Matthew convertibles I've finally given up on ever seeing again. But dang I like the older designs as they're so clean, simple and beautiful. Back when I drank, I was prone to impulse buys of old wood boats. Something about Tanguaray and tonic and classic yachts that go together so well. This has to be one of the sweetest trawlers ever drawn.
Again-kudos to her owners.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. GS. Indeed, that's the one. I've only seen pictures and one in person. I wasn't aware of the break in the sheer line aft, as I mentioned. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, that boat could work for me. Nice layout, great looking boat. 333C, oh yeah. I didn't even know they were marinized.

And this is Sage, departing a couple days ago. She was a looker -- and I took too much time looking before getting the camera!

Sage.jpg

Does anyone know about her? She's a beauty.

Or a western river pushboat. Hey, running low on space? buy a barge and shove it around with you!

Whatever Sage is, the boat is newer. Old boats were far narrower than the newer ones built today. Our 40'er was just 11 feet at her beam....

View attachment 34995
Who built this beauty? I saw her yesterday in Ft. Pierce. She has the lines of an early model Cheoy Lee (most which had rotted away by 1980) AND a Durbeck. Left me scratching my head- thought you trawler experts might know. She's beautiful and in Bristol condition for sure. Kudo's to her owner.
Look a rubrail- exactly where they are supposed to be!!

Is she at harbortown.....H Dock maybe?

I'll just leave this right here.

I'm not sure why anybody would want this, but here it is anyway.

And this is Sage, departing a couple days ago. She was a looker -- and I took too much time looking before getting the camera!

Sage.jpg

Does anyone know about her? She's a beauty.
Janice, Saga was in our marina maybe six weeks ago. Its steel and I think it was built in Canada .

I'll just leave this right here.

I'm not sure why anybody would want this, but here it is anyway.

Fairly simple yet considerably disturbing why some actually want this.

First of all:

Behemoth Craft in your link represents the incessant, insane devotion to unending "growth" and "one-ups-manship" that permeates too many humans... as an applauded mind set.

Secondly:

By reviewing history as well as todays ongoing events... it appears clear that the human race is in general... "off-its-rocker" (i.e. crazy/insane)!

Therefore, overriding question:

Just how big a dent upon, into, and against Earth's Natural Biosphere will civilization willfully accomplish before our worldwide house of unnatural cards comes tumbling down?

One of my businesses is deep into how to perform abatements on some of the most detrimentally pronounced anthropogenic manifested unnatural occurrences. In time enough, that is, to successfully thwart global environmental alterations that could wholly impinge upon civilization's future life and wellbeing. :eek:

OK - Said my piece. I'll get back to work while this gets back to "Interesting Boats" - the thread's basics. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Behemoth Craft in your link represents the incessant, insane devotion to unending "growth" and "one-ups-manship" that permeates too many humans... it appears clear that the human race is in general... "off-its-rocker"

To a certain extent, I understand the one-upsmanship. I mean, who doesn't get a little 200 foot-itis every once in a while, amirite??! I just don't get how this design lends itself to yachting at all... It's ugly. The massive bow bulb is completely pointless. The rudder is barely in the water. There's 900 feet of deck with one 60 foot blocky, multi-deck house located as close to the noisy and vibrating engines and (probably heavily cavitating) propeller as possible . It's all just so pointless. Where are you going to cruise that thing?? The Bahamas??

Crazy, indeed.

Last edited:
To a certain extent, I understand the one-upsmanship. I mean, who doesn't get a little 200 foot-itis every once in a while, amirite??! I just don't get how this design lends itself to yachting at all... It's ugly, the massive bow bulb is completely pointless, the rudder is barely in the water, there's 900 feet of deck, and one 60 foot blocky, multi-deck house located as close to the noisy and vibrating engines and (probably heavily cavitating) propeller. It's all just so pointless. Where are you going to cruise that thing?? The Bahamas??

Crazy, indeed.

There may another agenda here. Last I heard there was a glut of Suezmax tankers. They may be working on a project to convert one or more of them to another purpose. It doesn't sound like a winner though.

Interesting little "Tug" that stopped by our marina this summer...
Air horn was salvaged from another vessel and was an attention getter to say the least!

Attachments

• 20140901_093353.jpg
    20140901_093353.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 122
It's ugly. The massive bow bulb is completely pointless. The rudder is barely in the water. There's 900 feet of deck with one 60 foot blocky, multi-deck house located as close to the noisy and vibrating engines and (probably heavily cavitating) propeller as possible.

Impressive tankage, though.:thumb:

Wow.....nice! What does the "C" on the roof mean?

Interesting little "Tug" that stopped by our marina this summer...
Air horn was salvaged from another vessel and was an attention getter to say the least!
I looked at that little tug a lot when it was for sale . It has a built in beer tap also with keg storage. I think it was in NC a couple years ago when for sale .

Interesting... I didn't remember NC but now that you mention it I recall he said he went south to look at it and had it shipped north. I didn't get a tour but we did have a few cold ones together.

Wow.....nice! What does the "C" on the roof mean?

The photo might---- might--- have been taken at Genoa Bay. But regardless, the C is the dock designation and is fastened to a piling or pole. The photographer just didn't notice how he was lining things up.

This kind of dock lettering is very common in this area. For whatever reason, most docks out here are lettered, not numbered. The slips themselves are usually numbered if they have any designation at all.

Gee, Matt and Marin, I feel a little.......silly.:blush: I liked it so much, I was going to put one on mine.

This boat may have already been posted but I find it very interesting to say the least. I mean this guys got it covered in all ways.
1. Helicopter by air
2. Larger boat (tender) by water
3. V.W golf for land.

The picture does not show it but in the pdf I have it shows the VW sitting under the platform that the boat is sitting on. Here is a quote from the page I got my second picture from.
(((Notice the helicopter on the back deck! We talked to the owner and he told us that he had the boat built in New Zealand – took 3 years and he had to buy the company when it went broke in the process of building his boat. Who has that kind of money!?!? )))))

I can answer that question......they guy who can put a helicopter and boat and car on his trawler...thats who !!! :socool:
Sure glad there is not a druellllling
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_19742.jpg
    IMG_19742.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 185
This boat may have already been posted but I find it very interesting to say the least. I mean this guys got it covered in all ways.
1. Helicopter by air
2. Larger boat (tender) by water
3. V.W golf for land.

The picture does not show it but in the pdf I have it shows the VW sitting under the platform that the boat is sitting on. Here is a quote from the page I got my second picture from.
(((Notice the helicopter on the back deck! We talked to the owner and he told us that he had the boat built in New Zealand – took 3 years and he had to buy the company when it went broke in the process of building his boat. Who has that kind of money!?!? )))))

I can answer that question......they guy who can put a helicopter and boat and car on his trawler...thats who !!! :socool:
Sure glad there is not a druellllling
Jim

he needs a bigger boat for all his toys.
HOLLYWOOD

Back
Top Bottom