Show your helm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This ladies and gentlemen, is the way a helm should look. Take note of the extensive first aid cabinet. :socool:

Attachments

• wooden boats12 033.jpg
    wooden boats12 033.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 138
  • wooden boats12 034.jpg
    wooden boats12 034.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 146
Bad image with my iPad, but here's mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 147
Fascinating thread! Works of art spread across a large spectrum of material and design, but all celebrating the same mission and intention.

Fascinating thread! Works of art spread across a large spectrum of material and design, but all celebrating the same mission and intention.

Yup!! Pleasure Boat Addiction! :rofl: :speed boat:

Last edited:
The future of MFD's are here! Finally got my super-neat 90" Multi-function Display set up, and voila!!1 NO FORWARD VISION NECESSARY with it's spiffy integrated camera right on the back of the monitor. Along with monitoring all mechanical functions, if nature isn't looking good today, I can adjust the brightness, color and contrast of anything forward just like I was watching it on TV!:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• before helm.jpg
    before helm.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 133
  • after helm.jpg
    after helm.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 135
Synthetic vision! Perfect! I'm waiting for the wraparound screens, though.

Larry, you are such a vanguard.

That is a great idea. Just plug in the "enhanced radar imaging with auto collision avoidance" that I am perfecting, and voila----IFR.:thumb:

Bad image with my iPad, but here's mine

:thumb: Tidy, simple, uncluttered, & purposeful,,, it's all there & I love it!
(I have always admired the Nordic 32 tug)

:thumb: Tidy, simple, uncluttered, & purposeful,,, it's all there & I love it!
(I have always admired the Nordic 32 tug)

Thank you!
Wanna trade boats?:D

The future of MFD's are here! Finally got my super-neat 90" Multi-function Display set up, and voila!!1 NO FORWARD VISION NECESSARY with it's spiffy integrated camera right on the back of the monitor. Along with monitoring all mechanical functions, if nature isn't looking good today, I can adjust the brightness, color and contrast of anything forward just like I was watching it on TV!:thumb::thumb:

Don't let your wife catch you looking at places on the internet you shouldn't be on that thing... the image may be a tad bit unsettling.

Better get one of those stickers for mirrors that say.. objects may appear larger than life..

HOLLYWOOD
:whistling:

Helm

Forgot pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 110
Helm yes, but I add the helm chair last year.

Absolutely gorgeous... That's a beautiful helm.

Yes it is, alas not mine though, it's the Halvorsen next door to me, mine is a little more prosaic.

Mind you in my defense, this was taken about 5 minutes ago, I have three twenty year old girls on board and one 22 year old spear fishing son, doing his hunter & collector thing.

The girls, one being a daughter, I have known since they were about 4 years old, so they treat the boat like home. In other words stuff everywhere!

"Thanks for 'breaky' Andy, we're off for a swim.........what's for lunch?"

Wouldn't change it for the world.

Attachments

• PC081846.jpg
    PC081846.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 102
Yes it is, alas not mine though, it's the Halvorsen next door to me, mine is a little more prosaic.

Mind you in my defense, this was taken about 5 minutes ago, I have three twenty year old girls on board and one 22 year old spear fishing son, doing his hunter & collector thing.

The girls, one being a daughter, I have known since they were about 4 years old, so they treat the boat like home. In other words stuff everywhere!

"Thanks for 'breaky' Andy, we're off for a swim.........what's for lunch?"

Wouldn't change it for the world.

Kinda my idea of how a boat should be, the grandkids might make a mess but nothing I can't clean up.

Looks like priorities are in order on the Sarawana.:thumb:

A Nordlund 60 I had interest in, but didn't get.

Attachments

• Nordlund 60 (2).jpg
    Nordlund 60 (2).jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 156
I finally got a few pictures of our finished helm.

Attachments

• PCH_2015-01-10_09-47_4181.jpg
    PCH_2015-01-10_09-47_4181.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 266
  • PCH_2015-01-10_09-47_4182.jpg
    PCH_2015-01-10_09-47_4182.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 179
That's a looooong way from watching birds, reading wave patterns, and a kamal!!!

I know. I love everything except the view out the window. But we got out for a while yesterday, and plan to head up to the San Juan's early this week.

You mean the paper pin-up? Yes, that's the proposed Class A AIS.

And do you see the elusive FAR2117 control panel pin-up on the lower dash?

Yes, so they don't use the full board now? It's just a mouse?

Yes, so they don't use the full board now? It's just a mouse?

You can use either. They have the full board with lots of dedicated knobs and buttons, and smaller track-ball with a few programmable function keys. I'd prefer the big panel, but don't have room. Everything can be controlled by the mouse/track-ball, so it's just a matter of preference and/or space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom