British Leyland Engines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The complaint isn't about the V.P. engine, it is about the availability and cost of parts. In particular, it is upsetting to see Volvo ceasing to support older engines.

Volvo doesn't even support newer engines! The local Volvo car dealership closed up shop with no notice to its customers. While this might not be too bad for most auto makes, its a lot worse if you happen to be the victim of being a Volvo owner. No one else can work on them. While I realize this thread is about marine engines not car engines our local example demonstrates Volvo's lack of support for their products. It was 6 months after the local dealer closed up that we received a letter from Volvo USA introducing us to our new dealership, an hours drive away in ugly traffic. No more Volvo engines for me. Oh, and I can attest to the outrageous price of parts if you can even find them.

There was only one Brittish sports car that was big enough to GRACEFULLY support a Yankee eight cylinder engine except the Ford V8/60.

Old Jaguar XK 140,120 and 150 roadsters were better cars for their Yankee V8s. A nailhead 401 Buick was actually considerably lighter than the Jag engine. The whole Jag roadster was lighter even w the Buick Dynaflow automatic transmission. Just point the long nose of those Jag fenders, keep both hands on the wheel, steer it and go. Actually most of the Buick conversions were in a Jag sedans.

Back onto the thread

Donsan's point, Volvo costs and availability, not durability, that's my question of the British Leyland Trawler engine mid 80s. Is it going to be the Volvo story? Low HP version. I haven't talked about my TR4 yet. Steve

Donsan's point, Volvo costs and availability, not durability, that's my question of the British Leyland Trawler engine mid 80s. Is it going to be the Volvo story? Low HP version. I haven't talked about my TR4 yet. Steve

Have you called American Diesel yet?

May as well tell us about the TR4 while we wait for AD to open, about 8-9am EST.

Leyland/BMC

Steve.

Volvo Penta spares, have a look on cromemarine.se

or: marinespares.com
+: orbitrade.com
I think orbitrade Sells tru ASSAP for quick delivery, see internet.

Good luck Steve. ps. Price could be in British Pound sterling!

Back
Top Bottom