View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #38
Diesel Duck

City: discomfort.reactants.peanuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisguy View Post
I just received an email and re powering with John Deer may not be an option...
see below and let me know your thoughts...
"I have contacted our warehouse and Deere to inquire about Tier two left overs. There are none. The current tier 3 engine is now 160 HP. Same envelope etc…. This may have an affect on shaft sizing and of course of the props. How do you wish me to proceed? The only other alternative is either a 110 HP or 150 HP Volvo unit."
I am not interested in Volvo - I know they are very reliable but I thought I had read the tier 3 JD were 135 HP...but he is saying 160 hp...

Hmmmm.... That's interesting. According to Greg Light at Cascade Engine Center in Washington there is a "new" JD Tier lll marine propulsion engine, it's the 4045TFM85. I'm told this engine was specifically developed after many inquiries for a lower horsepower Tier lll engine. I even have the brochure from JD that gives all the numbers and the M1 rated engine produces 101 hp, the M2 version produces 125hp. I've paid a deposit to Cascade Engine Center for this engine and I assume if they, JD, decided not to move forward with this engine I would have been notified by now. Or maybe it's simply a case that it's not available at this moment but will be in the very near future.

If you would like a copy of the JD brochure on the above mentioned 4045TFM85 Tier lll engine I'd be more than happy to email it to you.

All that said, I suggest you check with Greg Light at Cascade to verify the information I have provided here.