Minimalistic Approach to Power Cruising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daisy chaining the bonding system isn't a preferred method...but for small amounts of items bonded I'm sure it would be fine. The larger the boat ...choosing something less prone to failure would be the tree method with a main running down the length of the hull.

Good luck with the solar...that may be my next big project...:thumb:

Daisy chaining the bonding system isn't a preferred method...but for small amounts of items bonded I'm sure it would be fine. The larger the boat ...choosing something less prone to failure would be the tree method with a main running down the length of the hull.

It wouldn't save that much wire to daisy chain... I'll rethink that part. Basically not using it (the Dyna-plate) is foolish. I need to correct that and since I'll have access to the studs...

Placement of the Dyna-plate was my idea but I didn't think about where it was located on the inside.

From the unit to the furthest point in Seaweed is less than ten feet. Small boats really are a treat when it comes to stuff like this. A friend suggested 6 gauge as standard and since the runs will be so short.....

Anyway, thanks psneeld. I appreciate the advice.

It wouldn't save that much wire to daisy chain... I'll rethink that part. Basically not using it (the Dyna-plate) is foolish. I need to correct that and since I'll have access to the studs...

Placement of the Dyna-plate was my idea but I didn't think about where it was located on the inside.

From the unit to the furthest point in Seaweed is less than ten feet. Small boats really are a treat when it comes to stuff like this. A friend suggested 6 gauge as standard and since the runs will be so short.....

Anyway, thanks psneeld. I appreciate the advice.

A bit of a hijack....Not sure what you think a Dynaplate is or does...after I removed the old lorans from my boat...I got rid of my dynaplate.

The aren't really needed for the vast majority of electronic systems now and really arent part of the galvanic bonding system...at least as far as I know, taught, read, etc....

Al... just to tweak you a bit, but I seen no way for you or a guest to re-board from the water without on-deck assistance. Is there a swim ladder I'm missing?

(and yes, I worry about stuff like that)

Curious.

Yes, there's a built in ladder on the starboard side. It's in the retracted, flush position.

Al just makes sure he rafts with boats that have a swimming ladder down!

Al - That's pretty fancy. No vert supports on cockpit canopy in your way for falling overboard... so you can more often make use of neighbor's swim ladder. LOL :thumb:

:D

Yes, I wanted to eliminate the need for vertical supports. I'm sure Craig has some pictures of me in the water in need of my boarding ladder after falling in.

Al... just to tweak you a bit, but I seen no way for you or a guest to re-board from the water without on-deck assistance. Is there a swim ladder I'm missing?

(and yes, I worry about stuff like that)
Wonder if M/V Oliver has found the need for one? That there wasn't one as standard equipment did surprise me.......

Curious.

Nope. I really don't like the idea of a swim ladder embedded in the platform, as the presents a great possibility of rust, and rust streaks. I do have multiple life rings on the FB for easy access. Don't plan on changing it. Besides we have a high freeboard, along with railings or grab handles throughout.

Now I understand why you guys talk about Minimalism, I looked into the differences in Gas Prices between the US and Europe and thats amazing.

Average Gas Price (today) in the US $2.75 per gallon or $0.73 per liter.

Average Gas Price (today) in The Netherlands $2.15 per liter or $8.15 per gallon.

Now I understand, to make the biggest profit you need to buy a lot of it :whistling:

Link: National average Gas price comparison, USA

Link: Gas Prices in Netherlands

Attachments

• Avg-Gas-Prices-2011-2014-1024x712.jpg
    Avg-Gas-Prices-2011-2014-1024x712.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Average Gas Price (today) in the US $2.75 per gallon or $0.73 per liter.

Average Gas Price (today) in The Netherlands $2.15 per liter or $8.15 per gallon.[/URL]

In Qatar we pay 88 cents a gallon for low-test (91 octane) and $1.04 a gallon for normal 97 octane. But this place is an anomaly because the government subsidizes fuel.

Next door in Dubai the costs are about the same as the US. Makes it real expensive to drive all those big V-8 Landcruisers around town!

I have been at it for quite awhile. When I started offshore runs it was with a magnetic compass, flashing depth sounder, and paper chart DR plots. An RDF was next. Then the big jump to single track Loran A tuned by an oscilloscope. Off the NC coast the radio conversation was something like this. "Where are you?" "fishing the 1800 line." We tried to stay near a line so that we would have one LOP. A paper chart printing bottom machine came next. Then auto tracking LORAN A and C.

Fast forward to today. While I don't have the latest generation of electronic suites, I have most all. Radar with chart overlay, 2 10" displays, Hi Def fish finder, auto pilot and a host of other gadgets. Not what I call minimalist, but far from impressing the yachty crowd.

As far as creature comforts, yeah we are a little over the top. However, outfitting the boat may not be about just one person. The mate should be happy if you want that person along. While I get the things I want, I make sure that she is taken care of as well.

One flat calm evening with absolutely no wind, I saw a guy rowing his dinghy while towing his sailboat into the Thoroughfare at Tangier Island. He was doing what he wanted, and I admired him for it. There is room for all kinds on the water.

One flat calm evening with absolutely no wind, I saw a guy rowing his dinghy while towing his sailboat into the Thoroughfare at Tangier Island. He was doing what he wanted, and I admired him for it. There is room for all kinds on the water.

Damn... Hope he made it to destination before current turned against him. When young, been there, done that... but not row-towing something as large/deep hulled as a sailboat. :facepalm:

Art, you just reminded me of when I was living on St. Thomas, USVI. There was this young couple in their early 20's from England. They sailed down the coast of Europe and Africa and made their way to the Caribbean in a 22 ft. sailboat. Every morning they would be in their leaking inflatable dinghy heading to downtown. She would drive the dink and he would be pumping air the whole way. I did get to meet them one time and had a short chat. Unfortunately for me, I never really got to know them.

Art, you just reminded me of when I was living on St. Thomas, USVI. There was this young couple in their early 20's from England. They sailed down the coast of Europe and Africa and made their way to the Caribbean in a 22 ft. sailboat. Every morning they would be in their leaking inflatable dinghy heading to downtown. She would drive the dink and he would be pumping air the whole way. I did get to meet them one time and had a short chat. Unfortunately for me, I never really got to know them.

That is funny Tony. Avatar is old picture of our Tolly. 10' +/- Quick-Silver rubber dink on forward cabin deck developed slow leak in its inflatable v-bottom... could not find it to save my life, even by adding water inside and following bubbles. When pumped up and rigid the 8 hp Nissan would make it go like hell. Carrying just me I figure she's reach 22/23 mph; with wife aboard maybe 17. Soon as v-bottom lost much air no more planing at all. I carried pump aboard all the time. Sold it and picked up Crestliner FRP four seater tow behind with 50 hp Johnson. Much more fun and easier to maintain, for more reasons than just inflating the tubes. Don't think I'll ever have another inflatable.

I met two young guys from Winnipeg, Manitoba who paddled upstream on the (Northern) Red River in a 17 foot touring canoe to near Fargo. They then portaged over to the Mississipi and paddled downstream to New Orleans. Along the way they picked up sponsorship from the canoe manufacturer, which paid for their food and other minimal expenses.

They weren't ready to quit when they got to the Gulf of Mexico, so they decided to follow the US coast to Mexico. They kept getting food & beer money from their sponsor, even enough for new sleeping bags so decided to continue on.

They eventually called it quits off the coast of Brazil after 18 months. They endured (only) 2 rollovers, getting robbed of all their belongings twice, torrential downpours, dehydration, close encounters with sharks; but had the time of their life.

Has anyone here actually taken the truly siimplified approach towards their own power-cruising? What type of systems and gear did you dispense with that most of today's press would consider "absolutely necessary?"

In another thread quite awhile ago, Tad Roberts posted a link to what I consider a fairly amazing accomplishment and is one of the coolest vessels I've ever seen. The video speaks for itself, so I won't get into a description of it.

A Visit Aboard RAVEN, Form Following Function - OffCenterHarbor.com

While I would not call Raven a minimalist approach to cruising, it's certainly a very novel way of getting maximum use out of minimal space.

My wife and I have done our share of "boat camping" using our 17' Arima Sea Ranger trailer boat. We would launch in Anacortes and go out into the San Juans. We have property on a small, private island and would sleep in the forecabin and cook on a Coleman stove at the dock.

It was a lot of fun and we look back on those "cruises" fondly.

When in the late 1990s we decided we'd like to explore by boat the Inside Passage waters we'd been flying over for almost two decades in a floatplane, our priorities for whatever boat we got were (in order): reliability in terms of power, systems, and construction; build quality; capability of dealing with the conditions we'd encounter; good visibility; decent on-board storage; and a decent degree of comfort. And of course, it had to fit what we had budgeted for the idea.

The boat we got is not an example of minimalist boating by any means. But we and the previous owners have managed to maintain its manuracturer's early-70s KISS design and systems philosophy: with the exception of the fuel tanks, electronics, and the substitution of six 6vdc golf cart batteries in place of the boat's stock dual 8D setup, the boat remains bone stock after 41 years.

There isn't really anything on this boat that we feel we could dispense with. We could probably get by without the generator-- the boat we chartered before buying our own didn't have one. But we like having it on board and use it on the days we don't go anywhere on the main engines.

We could certainly cruise successfully in a single-engine boat--- the charter boat was a single--- but as the boat we bought turned out to be a twin (something that had not been on the priority list), we have come to the point where we will never have anything other than a multi-engine boat.

Over the 16 years we've had this boat so far, we've talked occasionally of moving up to a larger, newer, more luxurious boat for our PNW cruising (the one we have doesn't even have built-in heat on it). But we keep coming back to the fact that this boat provides exactly what we need for our cruising in this region. It needs a lot of cosmetic attention, something we are rather looking forward to doing when we get more time. But the boat met the priority list we drew up prior to buying it, and it still does.

The priority list for our boating in Europe is totally different because the circumstances are totally different. But our PNW boat is the equivelent of an old pickup truck: Runs great, needs some body work.:) We'll probably own it until we are no longer physically capable of using it.

Last edited:
...our PNW boat is the equivelent of an old pickup truck: Runs great, needs some body work.:) We'll probably own it until we are no longer physically capable of using it.

Marin

It makes me happy to see people so happy as you two with their well taken care of classic pleasure cruiser. :D

Our 1977 Tolly is in same category as your GB, in that even though not quite same age, it is from the 70's. We also keep ours stock as possible; like it that way. Doubt we would ever sell unless in latter years we decide to cruise the coast to Alaska and/or Mexico; SF our fulcrum. Then, 45 to 60 foot boats will be reviewed. Diesel nearly for sure - OMG, did gasoline Art say that?? :rofl:

Stay Happy, Stay Boating! :socool: :speed boat: - Art

In another thread quite awhile ago, Tad Roberts posted a link to what I consider a fairly amazing accomplishment and is one of the coolest vessels I've ever seen. The video speaks for itself, so I won't get into a description of it.

A Visit Aboard RAVEN, Form Following Function - OffCenterHarbor.com

Marin / Tad - AMAZING Build-Out of a custom boat. Thanks for posting.

If you'd like, please post this video link onto AXE / Matt's thread. I believe Matt would be pleased to see this video (if he hasn't already).

Again, Amazing! :thumb:

PS: I'd be pleased to post it on Matt's thread if you'd rather.

Last edited:
Marin

It makes me happy to see people so happy as you two with their well taken care of classic pleasure cruiser. :D

Well, in the interest of honesty, our boat is not as well taken care of as it should be or deserves to be. This is not from lack of interest or desire, but from lack of time. We keep the boat outside because we use it as much as a getaway cabin on weekends as we do actually taking it out. And we don't want to spend our weekends on a boat staring out at the inside of a boathouse. Not when we have a slip with a million dollar view of Bellingham Bay and the islands.

The boat is certainly not neglected. But between work and the weather, we are simply unable to give the exterior the attention it needs to bring it up to snuff. So we put covers on what we can and keep after things as best we can, but it really needs a full summer of almost full-time attention. Almost all the exterior teak needs rebedding and refinishing, the whole boat needs to be painted, the deck needs some re-seam work, and so on. We intend to do all this in a few years but in the meantime we can only do what we can do.

Well, in the interest of honesty, our boat is not as well taken care of as it should be or deserves to be. This is not from lack of interest or desire, but from lack of time. We keep the boat outside because we use it as much as a getaway cabin on weekends as we do actually taking it out. And we don't want to spend our weekends on a boat staring out at the inside of a boathouse. Not when we have a slip with a million dollar view of Bellingham Bay and the islands.

The boat is certainly not neglected. But between work and the weather, we are simply unable to give the exterior the attention it needs to bring it up to snuff. So we put covers on what we can and keep after things as best we can, but it really needs a full summer of almost full-time attention. Almost all the exterior teak needs rebedding and refinishing, the whole boat needs to be painted, the deck needs some re-seam work, and so on. We intend to do all this in a few years but in the meantime we can only do what we can do.

IMHO - Pleasure-Boats are primarily for enjoyment, not show pieces. However, some to many boat owners disagree with that outlook and put as much or more time, $$$, and effort into the Bling as they do the "Pleasure Use" of their Floating Thing! "Each to Their Own"... defines it best in this case!

Similar to you, we too could spend more time caring for exterior items on our boat. But what the heck - some day we will do a really concerted cosmetic and mechanical/structural exterior Bling-A-Ling to our Tolly. And, then we'll enjoy the heck out of using her for another large group of years - till the next Bling Brigade needs doing!

Happy Boat-Enjoyment/Bling Daze! - Art :D

PS: We're 100 miles door to door too.

Last edited:
For newbies......

There usually a big difference in the approach in fitting out a boat that is lived on or cruises for months at a time than a weekender. Liveaboards/long term cruisers will almost always ensure the basics of life are at the top of the "needs" list. Things that give a good night's sleep, if that includes air conditioning then so be it. If they want fresh produce that needs a big galley with gadgets...so be it. Heads can play an important part. A comfy place to "lounge".

Even liveaboards run the gamut of sparse to luxurious but for that I would say much is ultimately financial and then limited by boat volume/capability. One huge factor is climate the boat will be used in if the owner doesn't have the option to change it.

Finally, you just have personal preference. Some love washing dishes by hand. Some may prefer to grill 90% of their food and want a flying bridge or cockpit with a huge built in wet bar grilling area and the interior galley might be tiny. Ya just never know what people consider "necessary".

Last edited by a moderator:
For newbies......

There usually a big difference in the approach in fitting out a boat that is lived on or cruises for months at a time than a weekender. Liveaboards/long term cruisers will almost always ensure the basics of life are at the top of the "needs" list. Things that give a good night's sleep, if that includes air conditioning then so be it. If they want fresh produce that needs a big galley with gadgets...so be it. Heads can play an important part. A comfy place to "lounge".

Even liveaboards run the gamut of sparse to luxurious but for that I would say much is ultimately fiancial and then limited by boat volume/capability. One huge factor is climate the boat will be used in if the owner doesn't have the option to change it.

Finally, you just have personal preference. Some love washing dishes by hand. Some may prefer to grill 90% of their food and want a flying bridge or cockpit with a huge built in wet bar grilling area and the interior galley might be tiny. Ya just never know what people consider "necessary".

Well put!

I'm pleased that you took the "newbie's" feelings and understanding into consideration here. I too often (as do other TF Members/Contributors) get too self-centered and neglect to appreciate newbie feelings/concerns/needs.

We TF contributors often chat back and forth on posts here like the aspect of boat ownership is second nature to us - And, it has become so after decades of experience in all sorts of marine life conditions... we know a lot point-blank, "like the back of our hand"! We do however also learn even more from each other by sharing important, or simply fun, personal experiences from years of living the marine life - in one form or another. But, for the newbie I'm sure we experienced mariners' in-depth chats can quickly become a fog of "OMG I never realized there is so much to deal with by owning a boat."

Sooo... in addition to your well phrased post above: I would like to assure newbies that owning a boat is not rocket science; although there is lots to be aware of. And, once getting well enmeshed into the lifestyle (no matter at which level of marine doings you desire to be involved) there is great camaraderie available via forums, co-boaters at marinas, general links throughout the web, and marine folks you'll meet while out and about in the water enjoying your chosen boat.

I will caution that boating at any level, to be properly lived, requires a high amount of commitment and certainly enough ca$h to be sure and see things through. Most boats are not the same as a car; wherein you can park it for couple years, dust it off, flip the key, and take to the road. Boats require a certain amount of ongoing care (much depending on the boat's type, age, size, condition, and location/space of rest). Humidity, types of water, and actions around water are some of the items that contribute to what/how-much care a boat needs.

This forum has an unusual amount of magic embedded throughout its performance-design and the boaters attending... in that, this has the most open minded, eclectic/diverse group of repeat contributing members I've experienced on any Boating Forum.

I can say to newbies: Ask any question about marine life or boating in general and you will most likely get a satisfactory group of answers on TF. Also, use the search feature well. Most every item you will think of has probably been hashed over before by all sorts of experienced mariner folks.

Get It ON! Join Trawler Forum. Become a Boater. ENJOY YOUR NEW BOATING LIFE! :thumb:

Happy Boating Daze! - Art :speed boat:

I'm pleased that you took the "newbie's" feelings and understanding into consideration here. I too often (as do other TF Members/Contributors) get too self-centered and neglect to appreciate newbie feelings/concerns/needs....... I would like to assure newbies that owning a boat is not rocket science; although there is lots to be aware of.

This is all very true.

My wife and I, but particularly me, are really glad we got into boating (and flying and most of the other things we do) long before Al Gore invented the internet.

I heard a radio interview the other month with a well-known (but not to me) author who bcame curious about the differences between people who had grown up and lived at least part of their adult lives without the internet and people who had never known a world that didn't have the internet. He chose 1985 as the dividing year. He spent well over a year researching the topic, interviewing all sorts of people and so on. And then he wrote his book.

In a nutshell, his conclusions were this:

People who grew up without the internet and who have lived at least part of their working, adult lives without it are considerably more independent, are much more able to make decisions on their own, know how to look up or otherwise find information on their own, are inclined to make the effort to learn the truth about a subject themselves, are better able to tell truth from fiction, and are more resourceful.

People who grew up with the internet as part of their lives from day one are far less independent, are much more reliant on a group to make decisions than on themselves as individuals, tend to take what they read or hear in the media as gospel as opposed to making the effort to learn the truth on their own, and are easily swayed in their actions or beliefs by whatever they perceive to be the accepted way of thinking in the media they rely on.

And when confronted with a problem that they don't understand--- a power outage, a car that won't start, a toilet that won't shut off, etc.---- they tend to panic because they lack the mindset that's required to apply logic, common sense, and at least a basic understanding of mechanics or physics or whatever to try to fix the problem.

In summary, the pre-internet folks are independent, the post-internet folks are dependent.

This applies to cruising because most of us on this forum got into boating long before the internet. Which means that we learned from people more experienced than we were, but most important, we learned by doing and applying common sense and logic to the situations we encountered. We crossed each bridge when we came to it, and we had to rely on our own knowledge, common sense, and resources to decide how best to cross the bridge.

One of the challenges with getting into cruising today is there is too much information being dumped on everyone. You get on a forum like this and read an anchor discussion, for example, and the conclusion one can get is that it's easier to go to the moon and back than to figure out what kind of anchor to get.

Us pre-internet folks bought a cruiser, it either came with an anchor or we bought one, maybe we read a book about anchoring, but we simply started anchoring. It either worked or caused problems, and we either figured out or were told by more experienced folks how to do a better job of anchoring, or we tried a different anchor, or both.

The internet crowd looks at all the stuff that's talked about on a forum and thinks they have to learn it all before they can buy a boat. They ask for advice on what kind of a boat to buy, a question us pre-internet folks know is an impossible question to answer with any accuracy because of all the variables that apply. It's a decision that has to be made by the individual, not by a group.

A forum like this can be a great source of information. But I think it's really important to be able to see the forest for the trees.

The best way in my opinion to get into cruising is to first do the research necessary to make the decision of what boat to buy. Which in my book does not mean asking a bunch of people you don't know to answer the question for you, but to talk to experienced boaters in your area, friends who are experienced cruisers, read stuff about cruising, and perhaps look at boat evaluation sites like David Pascoe's. Chartering a boat is a fabulous way to learn all sorts of things firsthand about cruising.

Then, using your own common sense, logic, and "gut feel" to tell you what boat will work best for you, buy a boat that meets your requirements and start using it.

Taken the way us pre-internet folks took it--- crossing one bridge at a time, constantly learning along the way, learning by doing rather than discussing--- cruising is, as Al said, not rocket science.

You can easliy turn it into rocket science by getting bogged down in all the information (correct or misleading) and discussions on the internet. But I think that's the wrong way to do it.

In my observation and opinion, the best boaters are the independent, self-taught folks who instinctively rely on themselves to deal with the challenges that come up. People like Eric (manyboats), Carl (Delfin), Al (FlyWright), psneeld, Art, Sunchaser, Rick Boggs, OldFishboat, Tad, Ted, Northern Spy, RT, Ron, and the list goes on.

The worst boaters, I think, are the dependent folks who are constantly looking for "input" and consensus when figuring out what to do.

How does this relate to minimalist cruising? Well, it doesn't other than to say that if you come across a fellow with a truly minimalist cruiser, it's most likely going to be a pre-internet boater.:)

Sorry for the ramble but I'm waiting for a computer to stop drawing a line across the screen and anyway, Art started it......:)

Last edited:
I personally think it was beeper and cell phones that destroyed independent thinking...not the Internet per se.

I see it in families, organizations, government.....now everyone has to check in and the top cell phone is king.

When I was a young duty stander I the USCG....if the world was coming to an end in 5 min, we had a procedure to take a care of it and I was empowered to do so.

Now, after 7 cell phone calls and 25 minutes after the world ended, the duty stander has an opinion of some experienced guy who barely knows all the facts.

I'mean sure the Internet has played a role...but every minute of every day I see things going on where cell connections replace responsibility or independent thinking.

They are great...don't get me wrong...but they are all too often misused.

OK..just reread and see that yes the internet was an equal hammer in making independent decisions a quagmire...between the two techs...they are a blessing for the adept and a quagmire for the others.

Last edited:
When you figure that a single cubic foot has 1728 cubic inches... and many of the boats here are powered by 100 to 700 +/- cubic inches... we're all minimalists to some extent! :popcorn:

Jump into that one Marin!

BTW: Interesting post you gave regarding pre net and after net outlook on solving problems. Tiz a different mental-slant world in which two types people exist. If sun spot magnetic fields actually did ever short out world circuits... Our age would simply shrug and carry on! The youngsters would be clueless! :whistling:

...between the two techs...they are a blessing for the adept and a quagmire for the others.

Yes. One difference is that for the most part, the pre-internet folks have realized how to use the technology--- be it mobile phones, the web, e-mail, Twitter, etc--- to make it easier to accomplish certain tasks. But we don't depend on it, nor does it dominate our lives.

The post-internet folks absolutely depend on it, and it dominates their lives to a large degree, or in some cases completely. Hence the increasingly consensus attitute in this country (and the world). And the increasingly knee-jerk reaction to just about everything.

The really bad thing about this is that it takes time to determine, look at, and assess facts. And time is not the knee-jerk media's friend. So you get reporting and stories and tweets and internet discussions based on feelings, not facts.

Where this really gets dangerous is when the knee-jerk, "feelings" reaction is based on incorrect facts. As several threads the other year discussed, the initial reaction to the sinking of the Bounty replica was that the captain was a hero and saved all but one of his crew.. This is a great "feelings" story and it's how the sinking was presented by the media.

Only later, as people with a more independent and realistic view began looking at the facts did it become more and more obvious that the whole thing was an unmitigated disaster, the responsibility for which rested pretty squarely on the incompetence and poor judgment of the captain. He wasn't a hero, he was, some might say, a murderer.

Unfortunately, by the time this all came out, the media--- and thus their avid and dependent followers--- had long since moved on to something else so the majority continued to believe the initial hype.

We see this more and more. The protests over the Ferguson grand jury decision continue, here in Seattle at least. And the chant that binds them all together is "hands up, don't shoot."

But it's been shown without a doubt by the witnesses that Michael Brown did not put his hands up and was, in fact, charging the policeman when he was shot. The facts are there, but the media-dependent crowd has glommed onto the intial, hysterical "feelings" reaction and continues to believe it.

So, to bring this back around to boating and cruising, I'm a big proponent in trying to get people, particularly newcomers to the cruising world, to do their own research, and engage in their own face-to-face conversations with people in their area with cruising experience. Forget the keyboard and go out and get their own hands-on experience with a charter or two, and THINK about what they really want in a boat and then FIGURE OUT which boat of the zillions that are on the market will be best.

Treat it like researching a paper for school. Don't treat it like asking a friend to write a paper for you.

Last edited:
Great two posts Marin.
I'm open to another rant like that anytime.

I don't know that it was a rant so much as an frustrating observation. But I'm not going to pursue it anymore here because it's getting too far away from the topic of the thread and too close to OTDE.:)

Did you say cell phones?

That driver should be stopped! The action of driving while dialing (especially while texting) is killing way too many innocent people.

21st Century society has become addicted (hypnotized into) need for constant communication. Too much of it meaningless. Next level is implanted systems into a person's body. That too will become a hypnotic fad. Then there will be deeper high tech levels for control after that. We've sliding down a very slippery slope that will amount to pervasive, nearly total human control.

Notice the symbol for Apple computers/phones/communication devices??!! Eve was first. Too many are following. :facepalm:

That driver should be stopped! The action of driving while dialing (especially while texting) is killing way too many innocent people.

21st Century society has become addicted (hypnotized into) need for constant communication. Too much of it meaningless. Next level is implanted systems into a person's body. That too will become a hypnotic fad. Then there will be deeper high tech levels for control after that. We've sliding down a very slippery slope that will amount to pervasive, nearly total human control.

Notice the symbol for Apple computers/phones/communication devices??!! Eve was first. Too many are following. :facepalm:

You're absolutely right! We did a land trip this summer hitting 30 states and 11K miles. The number of people we saw texting while driving was amazing. You'd see the lane drift and hope you didn't get tangled up in it. Lots of close calls.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom