is it time for another "Who We Are" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my first boat at 26 (13' Banshee) and was hooked, but broke. Finally got a second boat 20 years later (18.5' Sea Ray) and spent as much time on the Sacramento river as Folsom lake. Got my first trawler at 49 (35' CT35) and sold it a year later to buy a cruising sailboat (Union 36) with plans to cruise around the world. Man plans, God laughs. Wife decided she really didn't want to spend weeks at sea and bolted. Found another wife but then both our parents got ill. Mine died and we ended up swallowing the hook to take care of her parents. Sold the Union in 2010 because we just couldn't leave long enough to sail her. We just bought our new to us trawler (CHB 42' Europa) to fix up and cruise to Alaska and Mexico when things resolve here. Have cruised to Mexico twice and can't wait to go again.

I grew up in a family operated shipyard back on Lake Erie. We built/serviced everything from commercial fish tugs to work tugs and a few pleasure crafts. We also did marine construction projects, demo and salvage. By the age of 12 I was operating heavy equipment and welding. Had my first boat at 15 and got my Cptn's licence at 19. I started construction my first boat at 18 and finished it when I was 21. Went on to become a commercial diver after high school.
I have spent most of my life being around boats. Both commercial and pleasure. I have had the pleasure of working with great people on some pretty cool projects over the years. Now I just play around for fun.

Back
Top Bottom