Satellite TV in PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brico

Veteran Member
Hi, I have Seatel antenna on my boat and am wondering what would be the best satellite TV provider in the PNW. The boat is in Point Roberts, WA and my cruising ground is around San Juan islands,Gulf islands, Vancouver (Canada) and up to Desolation Sound. Bell TV is available in Vancouver, Canada, but how about just across the border in US? Guess the location of the antenna does not matter with satellite antenna ( I my be wrong here). Anyone in PNW using the satellite antenna and receivers, your feedback and suggestions are welcome.

I have the intellian set up and I use bell. No problems whatsoever both here in Canada and when I cruise into the U.S.

Cheers

Guess the location of the antenna does not matter with satellite antenna ( I my be wrong here). Anyone in PNW using the satellite antenna and receivers, your feedback and suggestions are welcome.

I'm not familiar with Bell, you would probably have to find what Sat. system they're accessing. I've had both Directv and Dish, currently have Directv on the boat and at home near Anacortes, Wa. They're about equal in my view and I have good coverage up in Desolation Sound and North. Some people have preferences for one or the other for minor reasons in my opinion.

I have several Canadian friends who have Directv in the Mission BC area, but last I heard they had to have a US billing address though.

And I guess, i just need a receiver and plug the RG9 coaxial cable from the antenna into it and it should work as long as it is activated by one of the providers?

I cant comment on the Seatel system. I'm sure a quick google search would tell you what you need to know. In a nutshel... On the intellian system, the dish is controled by an ACU (antenna control unit). This small black box plug's into and controls the dish. My sat receivers simply plug into the RG connection on the ACU.

Hope this helps

I have SeaTel with DirectTV and it works like a charm up there.

Back
Top Bottom