New, but not to boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

writerly1

I'm a retired journalist. I grew up in Cape May County, NJ, and spent the first 40 years around boats, fooling around in them and occasionally pulling a gillnet or crab pot, building five boats (duckboats, rowboats, and a sailboat) before my job took me away. I'm looking to get back on the water, starting with some time on a rented trawler in 2015 and after that who knows? Depends on whether I can grow web feet on my wife.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. No reason to webify the missus. Have HER pick out the boat.

tumblr_inline_n47kq5JDpf1qafrh6.gif

welcome

Welcome aboard. When you and your Admiral pick out a boat we'd sure like to see pics of the boat and people on board using it and having fun.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. No reason to webify the missus. Have HER pick out the boat.

tumblr_inline_n47kq5JDpf1qafrh6.gif

That there is the best advice I've heard! In fact that's how I was able to get ours. The Nova was not my first pick but the wifey loved the sundeck, salon and queen size berths along with the overall condition of the boat. She flat said if we going to get a boat this is the one she wanted to be on.:thumb:

Yup. That's why we're starting out slow and without commitment. I thought something on the order of magnitude of a Mainship 34 to start out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom