looking for a californian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbrman

We are trying to locate a Californian LRC 34 in new England with twin Perkins 85's.* Please contact us if you know.* Our choice is a slow traler with the minimum noise level.*
Like those walk-around decks!!

We live in near the San Juan Islands and are also looking at Californian 34' LRC.
Will someone tell me the fuel usage with Perkins twin 85hp? Same question for 185's.

How about a Marine Trader Sedan36 with a single 120 Lehman?

The marine Trader Sedan is an option for us as well.* I thought it was 34' not 36 in your reply.* Where are you located?

Can you give us any details?

Ray

About 1.2GPH at 1850RPMs per engine....obviously prop pitch would have an effect on this. This was the fuel burn on my Prairie 29 with a Perkins 4236 in it. SO I would guess around 2.5GPH at about 7.5kts in the Cali 34....again...just a WAG.

Thanks for the lead.* It is a little too big for us.
We are now exploring Marine trader 34"s sedans

LRC means Long Range Cruiser.

Where is the boat located?* Any details?* I am looking at a '89 Marine Trader Europa Sedan right now.

I have the twin 85HP Perkins. I burn about 3.5 gph at 8 kts, which is my cruise speed (2400 RPM). WOT is 10 Kts (2800 RPM).

It's a little better than 2 MPG...with 250 gals on board, that's 500 miles with reserve. LRC!!

Back
Top Bottom