SF Bay Boaters-interesting event at Oakland Yacht Club this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pineapple Girl

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Make
Silverton 38c
We were looking for some place to take the boat this weekend*and*I called Oakland YC and found*that not only do they have room for us to come visit but they are having a Jimmy Buffett party Saturday night complete with Cheeseburgers in Paradise, Margaritas, and live audio from the Jimmy Buffett concert in Mountain View!!
smile.gif
*I'd love to see some other trawler forum folks there!* Give them a call and they will sign you up for the party and give you a slip assignment.* 510-522-6868.* we'll be on dock 6.* No affiliation, just sounds like fun!

Had a blast!* Some folks were cleaning their Krogen as we were pulling in and they* helped us*with our dock lines.* Turned out the boat's original owner was from our Yacht Club.* The current owners have had it about five years and been all over on it.

The party was great, they had the giants versus phillies game on when we got there and it ended just in time for the Buffett concert broadcast over Sirius satellite radio.* The party was $15 a person which included two EXCELLENT margaritas and a cheeseburger and fries.* They were making the margaritas in a huge bucket and the ingredients included limeade from frozen concentrate.* Never seen them made that way--she said that was how tailgaters make them.** Boy were they good--not too sweet, not too sour!* We'll have to keep an eye out for more parties over there to crash!* We also had a great lunch Saturday afternoon at Encinal yacht club.* I had a BLT with fries.* YUMMY, just right.* Matt had an enchilada and said it was good, too.

Pineapple Girl wrote:

They were making the margaritas in a huge bucket and the ingredients included limeade from frozen concentrate.* Never seen them made that way--she said that was how tailgaters make them.** Boy were they good--not too sweet, not too sour!*
That's how I make margaritas, using frozen concentrate, and adding enough*tequila so one can taste it.* The*bottled mix stuff is nasty/awful.

thanks for the tip Mark, they were good!* We have tried Margs with lime juice, agave syrup and booze (tequila and triple sec or contreau) as we agree about the nasty mixes!**I guess there is no need for sugar (agave syrup) with the lime aid?* They were putting in a touch of OJ, do you use that??

Right, Jennifer, no added sugar (there's plenty, but not*excessively,*in the concentrate).* And I don't miss the absence of triple sec.* Include the ice and tequila*in computing the water/concentrate mix (doesn't have to be exact).* I use a blender to mix ingredients*and mince the ice.* (If ice already comes crushed, you'll need*a lesser volume of ice.) *Keep adding tequila until you can taste it.** (If you don't want to taste the booze, save your money and just drink lemonade.)* *No OJ, and I usually use lemonade concentrate*rather than limeade, but both work, and they can be combined.

Fill the blender about 60% with ice cubes, add concentrate, a can of water, a can of tequila, blend,*and add additional tequila to taste.* If not using a blender to break up the ice, you'll need more water, but the drink will then be diluted when much of the ice has melted.

Back
Top Bottom