XM radio signal to Bose Lifestyle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sum escape

Vessel Name
Sapphire
Vessel Make
Tiara 53 Fly
So the XM weather module I have installed also receives the XM radio signal. Can anyone help me with what I will need (other that a XM radio subscription) to hook it up to my Bose Lifestyle system already on board? The Bose does does have an FM receiver.
The XM folks I called are just trying to sell equipment and they are hard to understand due to accent. Did not get far with them. Thanks.

There should be an audio connection attached to the XM receiver. You should be able to connect this to the audio inputs on the back of the Bose system. Probably will require extra RCA cables and some running of wires to the location of the Bose system. Better information on model numbers, etc. would help.

There should be an audio connection attached to the XM receiver. You should be able to connect this to the audio inputs on the back of the Bose system. Probably will require extra RCA cables and some running of wires to the location of the Bose system. Better information on model numbers, etc. would help.
Thanks for the response.
All I have right now is the XM weather/radio antennae wire coming in to the weather module. I have no radio converter or anything. That is the part I am looking for, I am generally familiar with the inputs on the Bose. Is there a unit that "talks" to the FM tuner on the Bose that I need? Or is there just a cable from the XM weather box to the Bose? I am thinking there is some sort of radio receiver required.
Thanks

Which model XM module do you have? Is it made by XM or is it from another manufacturer?

Blue Yonder,
Thanks for your input. Looking at the Raymarine site I think I now have it figured out. Pretty simple as you suggest. Why didn't I look there first?:banghead:

How do you tune stations on the XM? Via your MFD? I ask because my old Furuno XM box had an audio cable coming out of it, and the XM weather subscription included audio, but there was no user interface to control the audio part of the receiver, select stations, etc.

How do you tune stations on the XM? Via your MFD? I ask because my old Furuno XM box had an audio cable coming out of it, and the XM weather subscription included audio, but there was no user interface to control the audio part of the receiver, select stations, etc.
From looking at the Raymarine website, yes the MFD is the control. It is on the winter project list so I'll let you know for sure in the Spring if it will work with my old E120's.

I had the previous version (SR100) hooked up to an E120 on a previous boat. The satellite module has an audio out cable that connects to a mini RCA cable. You will need to get a mini RCA to dual RCA cable that will connect to the back of your Bose. The newer version has the same setup. You will be able to change channels using the E120. There is no built in FM option available, this option appears to be limited to portable XM radios for automobiles.

There are separate FM transmitter options available (search amazon for "FM Transmitter").
These may work. The transmitters tend to be powered via a cigarette lighter connection. They might have significant problems with electrical interference on the boat. Hard wiring the connection would definitely be the best option.

Sounds like a good winter project. Running wires is never much fun.

Sounds like a good winter project. Running wires is never much fun.[/QUOTE]
Amen to that. On a cold winter day in warm, bright storage it beats the outside temperature alternative!
Thanks for your help.

I just went thru something similar to this on my boat.
I have the RM SR6 Sirius Weather module interfaced to my C140W.

The previous owner had Sirius weather, and used the Sirius antenna on my pilothouse roof for that feature Sirius antenna ran to the MFD).
I wanted Sirius music on my original to the boat (2004) Kenwood Sirius ready stereo but didn't want to go thru the wiring hassles.
So I looked on Ebay and was able to pick up a compatible Sirius tuner and antennae for $40.
Saved me from having to do a bunch of wiring

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom