Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4509777_20140715045351747_1_XLARGE.jpg

This. I want this badly. She doesn't appear to have a genny, or A/C, and there doesn't seem to be much room in the engine room for any such additions. Otherwise, she's prettymuch exactly what I'm looking for.

I had the sister to this. She was a 32, Wittholtz. I restored her and then sold her off. Great boat and still kinda miss it. Great lines.

4509777_20140715045351747_1_XLARGE.jpg

This. I want this badly. She doesn't appear to have a genny, or A/C, and there doesn't seem to be much room in the engine room for any such additions. Otherwise, she's prettymuch exactly what I'm looking for.

Geeeezzz Wayfarer, she sure is a pretty! But, if you are looking for the three items she's doesn't have - be careful not to get disappointed soon after purchase. AC and gen set can be fixed with several (maybe many $1k) "boat dollars". ER lack of space can never be.

Best Luck! - Art

Geeeezzz Wayfarer, she sure is a pretty! But, if you are looking for the three items she's doesn't have - be careful not to get disappointed soon after purchase. AC and gen set can be fixed with several (maybe many $1k) "boat dollars". ER lack of space can never be.

Best Luck! - Art

The longer I look, the more I realize she wont cut the mustard. As heart achingly beautiful as she is. I don't see anywhere to put a laundry machine, there's no oven, no genny, no A/C and there really isn't very much storage. She'd be a great weekender, but I don't think she's the live aboard I'm looking for. For about an hour, she was perfect. It was a short love affair. :smitten:

Saw this on Craigslist in Virginia first $30K.

Ultimate Trawler Yacht- 1985 model- Naval Academy Trainer- 108" x 24' x 7'- over 1900 sq. ft. living space- 5 state rooms- 3 heads w/showers- large main salon-seats 15 in mess room- separate galley w/2 stainless refrigerator freezers- marine AC- twin screw 12-71 Detroits- 2) 50 KW generator sets- water maker- 1 main engine & 1 generator running- low hrs.- wood hull double planked Alaskan cedar- no leaks in hull (marine surveyors say these hulls are best built in history)- aluminum pilot house & main cabin. This is a "fixer upper" (Ya think!)

Steelydon

00V0V_7ccVeXbdQ8c_600x450.jpg

Small world item, I had reason to communicate with either the just past owner or current owner of this advertisement. Honored that he was interested in our "Tenacious" which is a near match for the recent "Wayfarer" posting. The Tenacious is 28 feet.
This boat below, is a extremely well done conversion of a then working tug.

50' wood tug conversion

Al-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

A Beneteau sailboat without the mast??? The front looks like one.
Sugar scoop stern and sailboat type cockpit helm too. It has eyes to see where it is going but why the strange spotlight setup.

Last edited:
Speaking of ugly. This one has been sitting here in Victoria for the past couple of weeks. She's a Wally Yacht and somebody thought this was a good idea.View attachment 34413View attachment 34414

Wow - thats that crazy fast Wally design - with the right power that thing can go 50 or 60 knots. I wonder how it ended up in Victoria - thats a long way from its place of registration. Can't believe that it cruised all that distance under its own power.

I think if anyone was going to photoshop something like this they would've started with a Airstream.

I think if anyone was going to photoshop something like this they would've started with a Airstream.

Airstream plus boat done well = Thunderbird!

Attachments

• Thunderbird.jpg
    Thunderbird.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 244
Greetings,
Mr. Steely. YP 678 has been posted on TF before. She sank and was re-floated. More that a fixer-upper I'd say. Even if you paid me $30K I still wouldn't take it. It would be interesting to find out just what surveyors said "best built hulls in history". I suspect their reputations would end up in the crapper in short order.

Ron....I was just about to poo-poo your photo when I saw the fly-bridge. I feel OK about it now.:thumb:

At first glance the masts of the sailboat in back of her look like she has outriggers for trolling. I'm being kind calling it "her"

Not as fast as the 80 footer, but this boat will take you to all the same places at 1/5th the entrance fee.....

1990 Bill Garden Pilothouse Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

The interior doesn't make me comfortable, it's not very boaty....but it's all there.

Hmmm. Few frills, serious cruiser. Obviously built to do the job. Nice engine space. If I was stuck in a blow, I'd hope it would be in something like that. Looks like an Island Packett PY in profile. Impressive hardware. Wonder what the windows are.

Nice engine space.

One of the first things I noticed was the paper towel holder mounted to the overhead. Now there's a great idea that I never would have thought of.

Larry, I was thinking it looked a bit like my PY also, but beefier.

I like the short mast for the steadying sail. Balances the looks of the boat out IMO. I wonder if a mast for a get home sail could be installed on mine without breaking the bank? Something "steppable".

. I wonder if a mast for a get home sail could be installed on mine without breaking the bank? Something "steppable".

You know, I was wondering about that too. With the depth of that well in the forward cockpit, why not, you're already part way to the keel. Take a look at how IP does the SP Cruiser and copy.

Not as fast as the 80 footer, but this boat will take you to all the same places at 1/5th the entrance fee.....

The interior doesn't make me comfortable, it's not very boaty....but it's all there.

Wousers! That one checks a lot of boxes for me! I actually like the modern minimalist interior down below - the galley especially. The pilot house could use some - I don't know what. Overall, I love it - esp for that price range!

Thanks for sharing, Tad!!

Per stats on sale page:

Geezz, not too shabby! – 1100 gallons fuel at approx. 6.4 nmpg = 6336 nautical miles with 110 gal (10%) fuel reserve… that’s at 7k; wonder the range at 6k?

Tanks
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (560 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (1100 Gallons)

Engine and Mechanical
Economical 135 hp Lugger L6414D diesel with John Deere block (4400 hrs) only burns 1.1 gallons an hour doing 7k @ 1350 rpm. Single lever Morris controls. Fuel filtration and transfer system. Halon fire suppression system. Dripless shaft gland. Trolling valve.

Back
Top Bottom