Blue Seas 36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dweller

Veteran Member
Looking at a Blue Seas 36 for sale and can find zero information about "Blue Seas." Can anyone suggest places to look? I've searched the Trawler Forum and haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Looking at a Blue Seas 36 for sale and can find zero information about "Blue Seas." Can anyone suggest places to look? I've searched the Trawler Forum and haven't found anything.

Thanks,

There are two Blue Seas boats that I know of. One from a Tiawan yard and one from the northeast with a downeast style. Do you know which it may be?

There are two Blue Seas boats that I know of. One from a Tiawan yard and one from the northeast with a downeast style. Do you know which it may be?

I'm pretty sure it's from Taiwan. I've seen a Blue Seas 31 "lobster boat" and the Blue Seas 36 is nothing like it--looks more like a Marine Trader or Grand Banks.

Ron

I had a 36' Marine Trader sedan (Europa style) from the Blue Seas Yard. It was a great boat. I oredered it built, and it arrived in 1981.

We have some Blue Seas 36 here in Australia, in sedan/Europa form, not sundeck. Some with single, some twins. Good boats I think, my only issue was lack of cockpit depth, that`s obviously n/a on a sundeck version. Hope it works out.

Yes, here Downunder these are the Blue Seas 36s we know and love. One of those would have been my dream boat, but a decent one was just out of price range back then. However, the cockpit was a bit short, as Bruce says, so not too sad I didn't get one now. Our cockpit in our Clipper 34 is longer. However, they do have an extra forward stateroom. My dream boat now would be the Clipper 40 Europa.
Here's a Blue Saes 36 Aus style…

Used 1981 Blue Seas Flybridge Cruiser Power Boat NSW 2283 - Yacht & Boat

Last edited:
Yes, here Downunder these are the Blue Seas 36s we know and love. One of those would have been my dream boat, but a decent one was just out of price range back then. However, the cockpit was a bit short, as Bruce says, so not too sad I didn't get one now. Our cockpit in our Clipper 34 is longer. However, they do have an extra forward stateroom. My dream boat now would be the Clipper 40 Europa.
Here's a Blue Saes 36 Aus style…

Used 1981 Blue Seas Flybridge Cruiser Power Boat NSW 2283 - Yacht & Boat

Yep, my boat was out of the same molds.

Hi Dweller,I was thinking of going to look at the Blue seas Trawler you are talking about, and am curious as to why you didn't buy it. Did you take a look at the boat?

Hi Dweller,I was thinking of going to look at the Blue seas Trawler you are talking about, and am curious as to why you didn't buy it. Did you take a look at the boat?

Yes, I looked at it--need lots of work, mostly cosmetic, but the boat hadn't been well maintained. So I passed on it.

Thanks for the reply. Could you you see the fuel tanks, also did you find a trawler yet?

Thanks for the reply. Could you you see the fuel tanks, also did you find a trawler yet?

No, I didn't get a chance to check the fuel tanks.

We've bought a Prairie 36--waiting for the survey.

Ron

Hi Ron, probably the same one I've been looking at on line.You have good taste in boats LOL. Good luck with the survey. Could you give me the name of the surveyor you use when you get a chance.

Alan

I did a search and discovered this one.

2001 Heritage East "36" Sundeck Trawler Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Gotta love the wide angle lens for cameras.
Looks great 2 staterooms, 2 (??) heads, walk around deck, makes me wonder how they got all that in there.
IF I wouldn't excite a broker, I would like to do a look inside and the engine room.
The galley is tight but well appointed. Let's call it a 'one person galley'. SMILE
Looks like a great boat, intercostal, the loop and maybe some island hoping if the weather window is good.
Add a couple solar panels and an inverter and your world would have a big smile.
Maybe I just overlooked that part. I did not I see a mention of a hanging closet. Gotta have one of those for the lady's 'going out' dresses and the men's jacket and a couple pairs of slacks.
Maybe once again, I am trying to "put too much perfume on the pig."
For the couple.... who love each other, it could be a great boat.
Again, gotta love those wide angle lens.

We all must remember, there is no one boat that fits and satisfies everyone's needs, wants and desires.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom