N62 infinity ∞

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemier

Vessel Name
INFINITY ∞
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 62
Hi Guys / Gals,

I just found this Voyagers section in TF, and thought this may be a cool place to let you know about our plans for our Pacific Crossing to Hawaii. :dance:

I will also try to post more regularly on our own website. The latest update is:

Cabo San Lucas, MX | Infinity

Cheers!

Attachments

• ?.JPG
    ?.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 446
Will be following along, nice to see another Nordy owner!:thumb:

Look forward to your voyage and posts!

Welcome and thanks for joining. I've enjoyed following your travels on the Nordhavn Dreamers forum - I'm sure many here will appreciate your contributions.

Were you in Buck's Harbor, Maine, a year or two ago?

Were you in Buck's Harbor, Maine, a year or two ago?

No Sir, not us. We bought our boat in Vancouver, BC, and cruised her down to Mexico. We're back up in San Diego now, preparing for the Hawaii trip.

Andy
Are you going to follow a similar path to James on Dirona or are only going as far as Hawaii
It would be nice to see you guys out here in Aus and you would thoroughly enjoy it
Cheers

Hi Guys,

We will run to Hawaii (San Diego - Oahu) a distance of 2265 miles with the stock/standard tankage that the vessel was built with - 2500 gallons. No extra fuel bladders will be carried. I sure hope I've got my sums right :eek:

Tidahapah,
Yes, we will be loosely following Dirona's path and we will certainly see you OZ one day - perhaps 2016. Should be enough notice for you to get that beer fridge stocked! :thumb:

Andy
My beer/ wine frig is always ready to go.
Will be interesting to see if you go to Fanning Is after Hawaii.
I meant to ask James what it was like as it is one of my must visit Islands.
I fish Xmas Is for bone fish nearly every year a great part of the world and I know you can get fuel there if required.
I can give you a contact there if required before you head off.
Cheers
Benn

Hi Benn,
The plan is Hawaii - (Line Islands; Washington, Fanning, Kiribati) - Marquesas - Tuamotus - Tahiti - Cook Islands - Tonga - NZ - Tasmania - & then up to your neck of the woods, & I'll mostly likely be very thirsty by that time!!

I read this post and your Blog. Did I miss where you purchased a Million dollar+ boat and did not have a survey done? Curious, would a survey have located the issue with the black water system?

Hey BigJim,
Yeah, we had a survey done by one of Vancouver's most respected Marine Surveyors. There is a whole entire story to that,,, perhaps another time though. Suffice to say everything was copacetic for the survey, a week later,,,not so much. It's a boat. :banghead: :smitten:

Wifey B: Oh my....wish you hadn't said this. I mean we're about to go down the west coast and a little detour to Hawaii would be like super cool. But that's for a later year I guess. Adding another 5000 miles to what is already around an 8000 mile trip probably not for now. One day though.

Can't wait to follow your trip.

Awesome!

I read your blog and this post twice. Based on the black water issue and all your remodeling I thought I hope this guy had a survey done.

Hey BigJim,
Yeah, we had a survey done by one of Vancouver's most respected Marine Surveyors. There is a whole entire story to that,,, perhaps another time though. Suffice to say everything was copacetic for the survey, a week later,,,not so much. It's a boat. :banghead: :smitten:

Hi Benn,
The plan is Hawaii - (Line Islands; Washington, Fanning, Kiribati) - Marquesas - Tuamotus - Tahiti - Cook Islands - Tonga - NZ - Tasmania - & then up to your neck of the woods, & I'll mostly likely be very thirsty by that time!!

Sounds really great. I'll follow your blog with great interest.

And congrats on the new boat.

Sounds really great. I'll follow your blog with great interest.

Well done on your Voyage across the Atlantic by the way. I was reading in awe.

Looks like more than half way there. What an awesome trip. We're (NJ) supposed to get temps in the upper 20s at night by the end of the week. YES I WISH I WAS THERE LOL.

Well,,, we made it!! (Nov. 17th @ 0900)
Awesome voyage for us & celebrating proper today as it's my 50th Birthday. :thumb: :D

VOYAGE TOTALS:
Milage - 2330 nm.
Fuel - 1721 Main Engine / 144 Generator = 1865 gals total
Hours - 303 (12 days, 15 hours)
Ave Speed - 7.7 kts

Well done guys. B row in PV is into the great weather. Have fun!

Well done. You managed a quite direct route so you got the weather aspect right. And fuel consumption and speed were both very good. Any moments of excitement?

Nice one guys,
Must feel good to have that under your belt.
How long you staying in Hawaii before heading south.
Cheers
Benn

Congrats Andy Julie and crew

when does Harley join you guys?

and Happy Bday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job! And Happy Birthday Andy???❗️That's gotta be the best way EVER to spend a 50th Birthday??

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Thanks Guys.
We had 4 poor days, 7 OK days, and 1 outstanding day. We have friends and family that joined us here in Hawaii, so updating the website will be done when time and connections allow,,, most likely after they have departed.

Of the poor days mentioned, the seas were high,,, very high, perhaps as high as 25'. But they would start their build-up at least a football field away, so you could see it coming. Our boat just rode up and over them, so after a while we got used to it and settled down. The wind often increased to 35 kts, but never over that. We experienced a few squalls, lots of rain and zero visibility for a while, but we got used to that too. All-in-all, a very successful trip weather wise.

The only mechanical issues we had were elevated engine room temps (130) and our on-engine fuel pump developed an oil leak 3 days before we arrived Hawaii. I was watching the pump leak (& engine belts) like a hawk, but they held up fine.

The plan is to spend at least 6 months in Hawaii ( I want to see all the islands), then head to the South Pacific Islands.

Harley will be joining us around Christmas time when her 4-month probation period is up. She's currently with friends in San Francisco. I miss my Dog. :cry:

Very cool! I just found your site today and went through it, as th N62 is one of my favorites. Hopefully you got some rough weather video! Congrats on the voyage - looking forward to more updates.

Hello TF,

A few days ago, I added a few updates to our website

Bringing your dog into Honolulu

&

Haul-out time.

We'll be spending a few more months around the Hawaiian Islands, and then heading south at the end of June, (through the South Pacific Islands), & onto New Zealand for October / November.

Back
Top Bottom