The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CAPT JZ

Vessel Name
Passage
Vessel Make
Custom Dutch Barge
I just joined and this looks like a nice forum.

Welcome, JZ! Glad to have you onboard.

Show us your boat..we respond well to pictures.

My boat is best shown at my website, but I didn't know if it was ok to post because it does mention on my site that I have it for sale. Anyway...I built her myself and it is viewable at: Passage | Homepage. Have been about 5500 miles since launched up and down the Tenn-Tom a few times and to Ft. Myers. Now homeported in Sarasota, where I've spent a lot of time. I've sailed sailboats all over the world.

Actually, I posted a foto of my boat when I registered. Maybe it hasn't been approved yet by the administrator.

Actually, I posted a foto of my boat when I registered. Maybe it hasn't been approved yet by the administrator.

JZ, The pic of your boat shows on your profile page. It can be seen when clicking your screen name.

Hey Captain.....I know that boat. Fantastic creation it is, for sure. If you are the owner/builder, you were nice enough to invite me aboard over a year ago. Impressive vessel with a lot of character! Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard!

Just took a look at the picture. That is one serious boat! Very nice.
She looks Dutch. Where are the lee boards?;) What is her draft?

Just to let you know, on this forum, your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough chain, which is also too small.

Just to let you know, on this forum, your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind, and you don't have enough chain, which is also too small.

Ain't that the truth. I was thinking of making an offer until I saw it didn't have an imitation Bruce anchor. :banghead:

The rest of the boat is truly beautiful, JZ!!

Nice and welcome I need to cruise by and take a look or let me know when your coming to Marina Jacks with it for fuel

Thanks for the kind words.
We are now homeported at Marina Jack. We've been moving a lot in the last couple of years and it's good to be back in Sarasota. It was pretty up in the heartland, Pickwick Lake and all, but we have salt water in our veins (but not bilges!). I've kept vessels at MJ all of my life and my wife was the entertainer on the old MJ dinnerboat and I met her there...so it's like returning home. We are out at the end of "C" dock. We are at our home in IN for another month or so...then will again be aboard for the winter. Hope to see you.

Capt JZ

I was at MJ's for 2 weeks just got home will be back next week and then again for the boat parade

Annie at the dockmasters office knows when we come and go I look forward to meeting you we are on G dock

Gorgeous boat! Are you swallowing the (too small!) anchor or contemplating a replacement?

I like building things. I won't ever give up the water (until I get too old). I've always got a boat or two in my head that I'd like to do. A gentleman recently asked me to build a large, expensive one (different design) for him, but I didn't want the responsibility. If I mess up something for myself it's one thing, but I couldn't allow that as a product for someone else and that would be burdensome. I like little, simple boats too. Main thing is pretty design and proper construction.

Your boat is interesting. Is that custom?

Stunning....

Back
Top Bottom