View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #28
Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: If you could live and boat anywhere in the US?

Interesting topic.* It is also, for me, one that is hard to answer.* Where indeed.* My home is on the Tennessee River.* I also have a smaller boat here.* This is not a bad cruising area at all--------especially this time of year.* I have also lived in Eastern North Carolina and kept a boat at Morehead City for about 5 yrs.* I have lived in Savannah, GA.* My boat has been at Hilton Head, SC for several months at least 3 times.* I kept a boat on the Gulf Coast at Orange Beach, AL for 10 years.* SW FL has been our choice for wintering over for the last several winters.* There have been 3 extended stays on the Chesapeake Bay, and we are planning on heading back in the spring.* We have cruised the area from LA to DE pretty well.* That includes the Keys and Abacos.

My boats have ranged from 17' Boton Waler to a*21'*Grady White*to a *convertible, to a Trawler.* I now have a 42' Downeast express cruiser and 25' center console fisherman.

Which do I like, and where would I live?* Well, in the words of Jimmy Buffet, "indecision may or may not be my problem".* I like it all.* So, for me, it is having a home in the beautiful Tennessee Valley and boating on the coast.* At least for now.
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote