Fender Adjusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tatanka

Vessel Name
Kristine
Vessel Make
41 President
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1416188918.307519.jpg

I'm looking for fender adjusters like the attached picture. Has anyone seen these available on-line? I have tried West Marine, Defender and etc.

Thanks, John

Sorry, I use a clove hitch.

A caution about tying your fenders to the tops of your rails, a rolling boat in a dock puts a lot of stress on them and you will get cracking and leaking at the stanchion bases, eventually.

It looks like a fenderhook product.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Trawler

Regardless where you hang them, have a figure-8 knot at the end of the line so that if the line slips out of the cam, the fender won't be lost.

I like to tie a clove hitch and two half hitches but we have stainless steel life rails and stanchions all the way around. I have never lost or chased a fender using this method.

Last edited:
I read in another thread that if you use the right anchor you will not need to use a hitch on your bumper

I read in another thread that if you use the right anchor you will not need to use a hitch on your bumper

Yes but that only applies if you have a galley down configuration. OP may not fall into this category.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Yes but that only applies if you have a galley down configuration. OP may not fall into this category.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Thanks that is being added to manual on proper anchoring

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Some claim (and I am not arguing otherwise, just have no first-hand experience) that it also works with single engines.

My wife got a couple of a competing brand at a boat show 3 years ago. Never use them. A clove hitch is quicker and has more uses.

I'm fine with the hitch. I single-hand often and prefer something I can adjust fast if I'm side tying or docking.

Back
Top Bottom