The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john anderson

I just joined today to try and gather some info on the right trawler to buy. We live in the Pacific Northwest and would like to explore the inland passage. I'm not new to boating, having grown up sailing on San Francisco Bay and just recently sold my 52ft. schooner. But up here it seems trawlers are the way to go. So in my price range of around 100,000, what is the best boat to buy?

You could probably pick up a 45' Bayliner for that budget. You need to narrow down your requirements a bit as to size, number of screws, cabins, layout, equipment, etc. At the end of the day, there are a lot opinions but no clear answer.

Welcome to the forum John! Enjoy your search.

Ted

Yes, welcome aboard John. The best way to approach this so you are not bombarded with opinions re the best boat to buy, would be to get looking on the boat sales websites, visit your local boatyards and marinas and see what's out there. You had also better decide what you will realistically use it for, which tends to dictate the size, etc,. Then narrow it down to a few favourites, then put those up for opinions. Otherwise you might be deluged..or get very few recommendations because the potential selection remains too broad.

So in my price range of around 100,000, what is the best boat to buy?

Good try Al.

But John, to enlarge a bit on what I just said, the specific answer to your question above there is, the smallest and newest boat you can buy which will do exactly what you will need it to do. The flip side being, don't waste money on an ocean voyage capable vessel if you are never going to cross oceans.

Welcome aboard! Don't wait to start having fun. Do it now with your search, cuz it may end up being the most fun out of the whole process.

Welcome aboard John. I am also seeking a trawler style in the Northwest. Still undecided on either a Tri Cabin, Europa or Sundeck. Enjoy your search, I know I am.

welcome and enjoy the search

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom