• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 5/16" BBB Galvanized ACCO Chain, 300 feet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelagic

Veteran Member
FOR SALE:

300 feet of 5/16" BBB Galvanized ACCO (Made in the USA) Chain
Price: $2.65/foot

The specifications for this chain are:
1,900lb Safe Working Load
7,600lb Breaking Strength
Weighs 1.2lb/ft.

This chain has only been used for 5 months, during a trip to the Bahamas last year. Because the water is so shallow in the Bahamas, only 175 feet of the chain was ever laid out in saltwater. It is marked in 25 foot intervals.

The chain is in excellent, almost new condition.

We're located in Stuart, Florida.

Attachments

• 5:16" Chain Close-up.jpg
    5:16" Chain Close-up.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 5:16" Chain in locker.jpg
    5:16" Chain in locker.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 101
Are you selling 300 ft or are you selling it per foot? I am interested but I don't need 300 ft

Hi Jimmy,

How many feet are you interested in buying? I also have some shorter pieces of chain (70 feet and 45 feet, respectively), but I can't tell you much about them - they came with the boat when I bought it. I can tell you that these pieces are 5/16" BBB chain (because they fit in my 5/16" BBB gypsy), are older and have some rusty links.

As for the 300 foot chain, I bought it myself, so that is why I can tell you more about it. I have had another person express interest in part of this chain, so perhaps I can divide it between the two of you.

Pelagic

Pelagic,

Around 200ft. Let me think about the 150ft...

No Problem. I have contacted the other person to see if I can divide the chain so that you are both satisfied and I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Pelagic

Lets keep it easy I will take 150 ft. I am south bound in the ICW near Wilmington NC. I am headed south to the Keys. I was planning on going from Charleston to Miami, so I can modify and swing stuart. I just don't know anything about the area, but I am sure you can guide me.

Hi Jimmy,

I have had no response from the other person who asked me about my chain, so if it would suit you better to buy 200 feet instead of 150 feet from me, that would be fine. After you have specified how much you would will take, I'll re-advertise the remainder.

When you are close to Stuart, contact me by private message and I will give you some detailed instructions on how to find me. We can then figure out what would be the most convenient way to transfer the chain to your boat.

We should be to Charleston by tomorrow night. We are waiting for a window and will make the jump hopefully straight to stuart! then we have to figure out how to transfer it from boat to boat!

Hi Jimmy,

How many feet have you decided to buy? You asked about 200 feet originally.

As for transferring the chain to your boat, that's the fun in boating - figuring out how to do things that would otherwise be so simple if we were on land and not water.

See you soon,

Pelagic

Hi Jimmy,

I imagine you are waiting for some better weather before continuing your journey south. It's been quite blustery and grey here in Stuart today.

I wanted to let you know that I have another person interested in 150 feet of this chain, which means that I have 150 feet available for you.

Pelagic

Hi Everyone,

I still have one piece of 5/16" chain, 150 feet long, that I am selling. Please see my new classified ad, which will have all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom