light newish magic chef stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyinferg

Vessel Name
Martha
Vessel Make
'84 Fu Hwa, CHB Trawler
Hello folks, before I go up and take out the challenging-to-access propane tank, any suggestions on lighting the almost new magic chef stove ? I lit it once in April 2014 and have not used it since. Winter coming, love hot chocolate. I am sure the propane tank is all the way ON. I have held the stove dial to On and kept it there for up to 30 seconds, then tried to light it with a match. No smell, no sound of gas hissing. Lean toward caution, shall I just go ahead and take the propane tank to nearby propane guys (they are professional and efficient - no screwing around with misinformation). Thanks for your input. Madeleine

Do you have a propane shutoff solenoid? If so, that could be in the OFF position.

Once I turn mine on, I have to bleed the air out of the line for about 30 seconds. The air purge is apparent with a lit long lighter held to the stovetop burner. Once the stove burner lights, then the line is purged and the oven and other burners ignite immediately.

The new propane talks have a >feature< that sucks.

If the tank valve is opened with little restriction a device will shut off the tank.Some will reset , some will not.

Remove your tank, take it on land , and slowly open the valve to see if the tank will let gas out.

If it does put it back and very slowly open the valve , and bleed as you did.

IF there is a selenoid in the system that checks the bilge for gas , be sure its powered and opening.

Back
Top Bottom