Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GeorgS: I got to wondering about the style of that pilothouse-like building behind the boat. Looks like either might fit the other.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::thumb::popcorn:

Al

It is laying in Seattle at the Fisherman Terminal. I see it each time I am walking the floats. I believe there are two in the area. Like several military hulls viewed over time, they hold potential for conversions. Captain Gigs come to mind.
Al

Attachments

• 101_0042.jpg
    101_0042.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 154
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415678627.975182.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415678668.959992.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415678706.521309.jpg
This may be of interest to people who appreciate VW vans and unusual things that float.

Larry, great job in Photoshop! The blue building with it's ship-like top is the regional traffic-control-center. Have you tried to mount it onto your Manatee digitally? :D

Ron, the VW van on the pontoon is a nice catch.

Some "real" or better "working" trawlers, captured in Denmark:
15782174282_ce954c29c8_o.jpg

14927068271_0f3f1db292_b.jpg

most trawlers here are set-up asymmetrically - starboard to work, port side sheltered
I think this one is a "woody" and just metal-plated.

Not a "trawler", some kind of a former island-support-vessel I assume:
15594772549_d01f6236d5_b.jpg

Reminds me of the Benford-coasters. This one is/was located in southern Sweden.

And now for something rather strange or ugly:
15595440207_81cf08425d_b.jpg

Vehicle-carrier and a tug towing some windmill-foundations.

Yesterday I found a 55-60 or so motor yacht in a small marina in Stuart when visiting a friend with a KK 39. Later, I learned that the boat was a "Richardson". It was very odd, but the hardware and quality looked amazing. I couldn't find on on-line, but I did find this other example of an odd looking, oddly hulled Richardson.

1976 55 (ft.) Richardson Aluminum Motor Yacht for sale in ON. | ID 146551

Attachments

• 146551_3293688.jpg
    146551_3293688.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 153
Speaking of ugly. This one has been sitting here in Victoria for the past couple of weeks. She's a Wally Yacht and somebody thought this was a good idea.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415923261.870489.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415923281.552655.jpg

Speaking of ugly. This one has been sitting here in Victoria for the past couple of weeks. She's a Wally Yacht and somebody thought this was a good idea.

The dude is probably compensating for 'some sort of shortcoming', if you know what I mean.

That top house looks more Photoshopped than if you did photo shop it. She is MO'Fugly.

Yeah, I don't know if that is part of the original boat, but it looks to me like the whole upper deck was modified. Still, look at the sharp entry that flares out to full beam.

Beauty is in the eye of the note holder! LOL

This thread has been going on so long I've probably posted these shots before. I saw this boat in Silva Bay, BC a year or so ago, and it intrigued me the moment I first saw it.

It would not make any sort of distance cruiser unless one really wanted to rough it. But it looks like it would be a ton of fun to poke around the islands in, do a little crabbing, shrimping and fishing, etc.

I have no idea what powers it, although I suspect it's probably a gas engine unless this is a current reproduction of an older style boat, in which case it could be a little diesel.

Attachments

• Boat 1.jpg
    Boat 1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Boat 2.jpg
    Boat 2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 170
This thread has been going on so long I've probably posted these shots before. I saw this boat in Silva Bay, BC a year or so ago, and it intrigued me the moment I first saw it.

It would not make any sort of distance cruiser unless one really wanted to rough it. But it looks like it would be a ton of fun to poke around the islands in, do a little crabbing, shrimping and fishing, etc.

I have no idea what powers it, although I suspect it's probably a gas engine unless this is a current reproduction of an older style boat, in which case it could be a little diesel.

It's the anchor style on fore deck that counts! :thumb:

Here is an unusual aluminum-hulled Union Jack 31, a design by Ken Hankinson for Glen-L. It is normally constructed of 10 ga. steel. The design was also built commercially in GRP as the "Eagle 32' by Asian Pacific. I really like this boat!

Attachments

• jackpot002.jpg
    jackpot002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 168
It's the anchor style on fore deck that counts! :thumb:

Well, I think it would be easy enough to add a short pulpit to hold a proper anchor, aka Rocna. Assuming I could find a pre-China model. The one on our boat is too big.:)

RTF, thanks for posting the photo of the forward cabin of this boat. Who'd a' thunk that much luxury could fit in such a small space. I'll have to find out who the designer was. I bet it was Philip Rhodes.....

Last edited:
There are some very nice boats on this post but in the end I am biased. Stich and glue-48+ ft LOA semidisplacement twin JD 6068AFM75

Attachments

• 100_0879.jpg
    100_0879.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 145
  • CAAqBwgKMMmvrwEw2o0r-OPSimagespagespg-01.jpg
    CAAqBwgKMMmvrwEw2o0r-OPSimagespagespg-01.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 811
  • mr main  cab.jpg
    mr main cab.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 161
Beautiful Devlin. I'm also a green and yellow guy, but older 7.6 L
Warm regards,
curtis

Pokey and more

This guy came through Sarasota a while back

and the Goat float just for fun

Attachments

• 000 Pokey.JPG
    000 Pokey.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 239
  • goat float.jpg
    goat float.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 138
Donsan

they are sure interesting looking

they are sure interesting looking

They look top heavy but the manufacturer claims they are unsinkable. They also look like they have a deep draft but it is only 3 feet. They are normally powered by twin 75HP Yanmars. A lot of nice features for an ICW boat. The main complaint is they are susceptible to windage. I have taken a hard look at the GH37 but still scratching my head on how to get on and off the boat.

On his blog are a few interior pics that is were I got the exterior pic my camera is on the boat

There are some very nice boats on this post but in the end I am biased. Stich and glue-48+ ft LOA semidisplacement twin JD 6068AFM75

Beautiful boat!! Do you have any pictures of the helm?:blush:

Back
Top Bottom