View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
RE: Ideas for our bimini enclosure

Yes... We are currently still at Northwest Creek Marina.

As you will find out, about everyone that has a Sailrite machine calls themselves a canvas professional. Some are good, but most only think they are good. It's hard to tell. You have to find owners that have used them and pick their brains for what they really think.

We contacted a few people (maybe 10). However, MOST wouldn't return our calls, email, voice messages (which seems typical of business people in Eastern NC from what we have found out) or show up for appointments. It's frustrating. We had it narrowed down to three (about the only ones to return our call). Hours after we put a deposit down on one of them, we had two people in the marina tell us about the nightmare they had doing biz with them. So we canceled our plan to use them and went with a friend-of-a-friend in Oriental.

TBH, I'd really rather not name names (not openly anyway). The company we chose was not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. The interaction with them as we draw closer has been ok... but only just ok. Certainly, we've had to wait a while to get scheduled, but like I mentioned earlier, they don't like to return calls or messages. Still, the work we have seen has been top-notch.

As for the stove... I fiddled around with it and ended up giving it away for free again. We had hoped it would be a near drop-in replacement in the cooktop-only space we have. It wasn't. It seemed to work ok, but I didn't want to do major mods to the galley just to have an oven when we really could use a convection microwave.
Tom.B is online now   Reply With Quote