View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #45
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
An easy sign to tell if your "sacrificial anode" is doing its job is when it sheds off quickly.

Attachment 34306

The science behind the recommendations is not that difficult to comprehend. The sacrificial anodes are not very expensive when compared to brand new props, shafts and such.

Honestly, why settle for duct tape that may work out ok when condoms are proven effective and readily available? Replacement cost is a pretty silly argument.
Yo, Craig... I'm not arguing at all and I know full well Magnesium works without tending to it in fresh water. And, that Mag's replacement cost is not even a real consideration... in the long run. What I am saying is that Zinc works in fresh water too as long as its surface is kept scrapped/scrubbed clean, such as I enjoy often doing to mine. The peripheries I mention such as cost and replacement schedules are pretty much meaningless... but they are fact!

For more pro-zinc items, read this thread’s post numbers: 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 23, 31, 33, and… 44 for good chuckle!

Then you can read several other posts with diametrically different opinion!

YRMV!!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote