Chesapeake Newbie w/antique vessel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome and more pics

Have you considered a small portable generator as for emergencies? It wouldn't be as great as having something bigger but the Honda 2000 can be had for less then $1000 and if/when you get to the point where you don't need it they are selling for nearly that used.

Just a thought.

I hate to sound like a nay-sayer but if your range is only 3-4 hours on a good day, I would never want to be more than 30 minutes away from a safe harbor. An unexpected thunder storm with adverse current could slow you down to 2 MPH.
I had a friend that went electric on a sailboat with about the same electric motor range. Long story but it turned out to be a very bad idea.
Going electric is expensive yet very limiting.
Just something to think about.

I look forward to cruising the bay this Spring/summer. Starside will be completed by then & I really hope to connect with others who cruise the area.

So next year, I'll post another thread in People & Places, so hopefully I can meet some of you - or at least do a cruise-by!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I look forward to cruising the bay this Spring/summer. Starside will be completed by then & I really hope to connect with others who cruise the area.

So next year, I'll post another thread in People & Places, so hopefully I can meet some of you - or at least do a cruise-by!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Starside.....Your boat is neat.... As mentioned in another thread, i'll be up there next summer. Grew up on the bay and spent years cruising up there with a Saber 28 and later a Bristol 35.5. Based out of Rock hall in the latter years....It never gets old. Looking forward to getting back after years away. Looks like my deal on the Cape Dory will be going through. Maybe we'll see you this summer!

Last edited:
....So next year.....hopefully I can meet some of you - or at least do a cruise-by! ....

This year while cruising from Houston, Tx. area to NW Alabama I met some of the greatest people ever from this forum and a few other forums I am on. From this forum I met Steve Willet in Houma, La. Swampu (Paul) while in Gulfport, Ms and Chris and his wonderful wife Eileen at various points along the way on Last Tango. Had some close calls but just couldn't hook up with DIMR (Blue) and a few others. These are people you will never forget.

Last edited:
Heron, I just read that your waiting for the survey but that everything looks promising. It's an exciting time. I'm sure I'll see you cruising!!!

Tony, I'm new but I can tell this forum connects good people. I can't wait to get back on the water...This support is invaluable & I'm thrilled I found this forum. :)

It only gets better. This forum is like a family. Whether we agree with you or not on controversial items, once your decision is made, we then shift gears and back you up 100%.

I met some of the greatest people ever from this forum and a few other forums I am on. These are people you will never forget.

I agree....I am very active on an Audi Forum....Since early 2001. My wife used to joke about my "Virtual" friends. After awhile, we started to get together for events, drives etc....They became "Real" friends that, today, are some of the best in my life. We can not see each other for years but seem to pick right back up where we left off when reconnecting. Being initially drawn together by common interests makes that happen. The friendships often go on forever..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom