Cape Cod to Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismal Smamp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 104
Like I wouldn't know the difference. The quote was a good view of the Battleship Missouri.

That would be a superlative view from Norfolk then. The USS mighty mo is in Hawaii. The USS whisky is the one residing in Norfolk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck
I believe that would be the battleship Wisconsin.

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: you are correct!!! I visited the Douglas MacArthur memorial and I am I bit overload with WW2 history.

Here is the Wisconsin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 90
OK, I will try to explain this one more time. My post was in response to CapeCodder's post that follows. (emphasis mine)

"Waterside Marina
The storm has passed and it's sunny, calm and chilly. Boy do I have great seats to watch every kind of ship I can imagine Trawlers, Canadian sail boats, Tugs, barges, Dredge ships, dozens of Navy ships, aircraft carrier, the Battleship Missouri, two cruise ships, Tall ships, the Staten Island Ferry, river paddle wheeler, a replica GODSPEED Bartholomew Gosnold's ship. (He named Cape Cod and Buzzards Bay my home port after he dropped off some people in Jamestown.) I think I attached a photo of a Liberty Ship. All this so far today and was went to the store shopping for two hours to prepare for the First Mates arrival late Wednesday."

My post was to mention that it is the Battle Ship Wisconsin that is in Norfolk.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Aircraft carrier passing by, I did not see any markings and latter saw two docked near the steel bridge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 93
Aircraft carrier passing by, I did not see any markings and latter saw two docked near the steel bridge.

I read in the trade journals that the USS Abraham Lincoln just came out of a couple year refit. She'll be good for 'another' 25 years! Boy.... Talk about amazing fuel! Not sure which ones you saw. They all sort of blend in together on a gray afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom