Music on board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Music" is fine if you keep it to yourselves. Most other people won't like "your" "music". Please don't play it in a marina.

Yes a thousand times! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

And don't play it loud in anchorages or other places where other people are around. Somehow it seems for some people, owning a boat turns them into ********! :banghead:

A bunch at our marina played music until 4:00 AM on a recent Saturday night/Sunday morning. A bunch of people complained to management about it. Now the guy thinks it's OK until 2:00 AM. Fortunately the party season is over for the year but if he does it again next year the police will be called.

Although I mentioned above how I installed a stereo that reads music on SD cards, the reality is I seldom listen to music on my boat. I listen to the wind and waves and wildlife. And the VHF,

Greetings,
Mr. E. Bollywood aside, a couple of years ago I witnessed a performance of an older Chinese musician on stage, alone with his urhu (2 stringed instrument featured in post #31) and have been a fan ever since. Haunting and deep.

Actually I don't mind music (even if it's music i don't like) as much as ball games. That's the worst. They play it like you're desperate to hear it.

What I hate are the twenty some people who walk down my pier while I'm watching the game, just to stand at my rail and ask me:
"What's the score?"
"What quarter are they in?"
"How many minutes are left?"
"What channel is the game on?"
"Gee that's a great picture!"
"Do you have cable?"
"How do you get the game out here?"
"Do you lose the picture when the boat moves?"
"Do you mind if I stand here and watch it for a minute?"
:facepalm:

I don't even understand how they know I'm watching the game??? :huh:

Attachments

• 12 man.gif
    12 man.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I went with the Clarion 303 above the lower helm and the MW 1 wired remote on the bridge. I cut in my old Polk Audio 6/9s for the main salon. On the bridge are a pair of Bose 151 with wire outlets in the FB and in the Sundeck. This way I can live with one pair of outdoor speakers and move them for parties or driver entertainment as required. Thes four all run off a pioneer 400x4 amp. I'll wife in another pair, probably 4-1/2 inch rounds in the act cabin for those Barry White moments and power them directly from the deck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom