Thread: New Rocna
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #34
Diesel Duck

City: discomfort.reactants.peanuts
Too funny! I went to Bud Beaston's farrier college in Sperry, Oklahoma back in 1974/1975 where I learned to shoe horses. Shortly thereafter I got interested in flying and went out and got my private pilots license. Shortly after that I bought an airplane, a Cessna 170B, and enjoyed it for several years until I got smart and sold it to buy a house. Not much later I bought my first boat, actually it was my second boat, my first boat was a 12' Achillies inflatable I used for scuba diving off the coast of SoCal. The rest is history and I've owned several boats, albeit nothing over 30', almost all of my life since then.

Somewhat getting back on topic... I just returned from Doumen, China where I visited the Seahorse Marine shipyard and I learned that the two anchors that are supplied as a N/C option with my new boat purchase are similar in design to several of the name brand anchors available today. The one thing that I learned about the anchors supplied with my boat that concerns me is that they are made from mild steel and not hardened. That leads me to my question... Does anyone know, or could provide me with a link, about hardening an anchor, specifically what specs do I need to have it hardened to?
Diesel Duck is offline   Reply With Quote