Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course now that we're underway I discover the port start 4D is shot. Hopefully I will make Boothbay early enough to lug one of those several hundred yards to the boat! Just picked up a submerged lobster line as well. Anyone want to come and dive in this 55 degree water?

Esse Quam Videri

New battery installed. Now we're looking at 3-5" of ice and snow tomorrow with gusts to 35! I guess we stayed a bit too long

Esse Quam Videri

Boothbay Harbor, Maine

ForumRunner_20141101_145612.jpg

ForumRunner_20141101_145633.jpg

ForumRunner_20141101_145648.jpg

Esse Quam Videri

Hope you are tied up tight for the blow headed your way. It's sustained 25 here and heading to sustained 40 tomorrow. Just noticed you already have 35.

Dave

We made a run this morning across the lower Chesapeake from Cape Charles to Hampton so we could beat a 1600 Gale warning. Its the first 5-6' stuff we have been in. It was also the first time we experienced a longer wave period of about 8 sec. Normally the Chesapeake chop we run in has a 3 sec period. It wasn't fun but it was a lot better that the 3 sec stuff.
Daddyo, it looks like you may be stuck for a while. The same system we have here is impacting your area. Passageweather.com looks bad up your way for the next 5 days.

We're in a great spot for the blow but I really hope to be offshore to Boston on Monday night. We'll see.

Esse Quam Videri

Camden looked good to me.

I'll be doing some winter cruising soon.

Now it's 8-12" of snow. Holy mess!!

Esse Quam Videri

Now sitting in Oriental NC for our 3rd day. It was 42 degrees this morning and the wind is still gusting over 30. We were lucky enough to snag one of the free town docks. Monday looks like a go.

Don't fool with the Atlantic Ocean, wait out the weather system.

Travel safe. Howard

Just starting

ForumRunner_20141102_092946.jpg

Esse Quam Videri

And...............there went the power! Good thing I just serviced the generator Friday and had it's battery on charge.

I wanna go back to Dixie. Its too early in the season for this stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 62
Power went out here a couple of hours ago! Way too early for this stuff

ForumRunner_20141102_120148.jpg

Esse Quam Videri

Genny did an admirable job. Power came back after six hours or so. No genny and we would have been in trouble! Crazy weather for Nov 2nd.

The thaw has begun. Leaving this afternoon and running overnight to Boston.

ForumRunner_20141103_083926.jpg

ForumRunner_20141103_083938.jpg

Underway to Boston. Should be a beautiful day!

These guys think steadying soils are a good idea.

ForumRunner_20141104_061907.jpg

ForumRunner_20141104_061923.jpg

ForumRunner_20141104_061936.jpg

Hope you have a good run to Boston. Let us know when you get in.

MarineTraffic shows you stopped. Hope that's an AIS glitch.

Must be a glitch. 7.4 knots. Feeling bold with the diesel cost down and cruising at 1500rpm now. Not exactly a Nantucket sleigh ride but the extra little bit on a 2000 mile trip does add up.

Must be a glitch. 7.4 knots. Feeling bold with the diesel cost down and cruising at 1500rpm now. Not exactly a Nantucket sleigh ride but the extra little bit on a 2000 mile trip does add up.

Thinking the same myself this year....:D

Let me know if Cape May or near is a stop this year....:thumb:

Whoa! I hope you guys got righted after this one. :lol:

attachment.php

Long day. 17 hours this time of year is a bit of a grind. Shoveling snow off the boat while underway was a new experience for me! I did manage to install new LED under cabinet lighting, replace head switch, rebuild recessed light guts, problem solve two other recessed lights, write up two listings, isolate fuel pump issue, solve external engine oil leak, etc...:)

Back
Top Bottom