Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice Picts Matt. Step by Step... inch by inch... Then Suddenly - - > SPLASH!

Nice Picts Matt. Step by Step... inch by inch... Then Suddenly - - > SPLASH!

Errm ... We talkin about somethin else or we still talkin bout the boat ...

Hahaha sorry mate. Couldn't help myself. ?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Trawler Forum

Errm ... We talkin about somethin else or we still talkin bout the boat ...

Hahaha sorry mate. Couldn't help myself. ��

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :D :socool:

:-D ... Great minds think alike so I knew you'd get what I was talkin bout.

The other day I was having a joke with my neighbour and the jokes went to the gutter like most do and I said to him that Flic doesn't walk with a limp because she has a sore leg ... He didn't get it and just looked at me and asked if Flic was alright. I sure pissed myself laughing haha.

I cleared it up and assured him Flic doesn't have a limp or a sore leg and is ok haha

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

:-D ... Great minds think alike so I knew you'd get what I was talkin bout.

The other day I was having a joke with my neighbour and the jokes went to the gutter like most do and I said to him that Flic doesn't walk with a limp because she has a sore leg ... He didn't get it and just looked at me and asked if Flic was alright. I sure pissed myself laughing haha.

I cleared it up and assured him Flic doesn't have a limp or a sore leg and is ok haha

:lol: :peace:

Hendo
Looking good mate interior stuff going in must be a good feeling top looking job on the helm station mate how long to go mate or you like me its done when she's done.
Troy

G'day mate!
Cheers for the comments ay! Yeah mate she's done when she's done, tho I'm mindful she won't ever be "Done" more so an acceptable level of completeness for stability and enjoyment lol.

Yeah good feeling getting the interior worked on. Ordered another load of framing pine and 20 sheets of 19mm ply for the cabin and super structure so won't be long till she's at lock up stage and I can piss these tarps off for a little while. It's like working in a greenhouse in there.

How's your rig comin along mate?

Hendo,
Sounds like a good plan one I may follow me self.
yer mate its getting there but its defiantly a time thing but were are ticking off jobs every time we go down sorely there is and end but all will be worth it once completed drinking beer and cruising did I mention drinking beer and fishing and drinking beer LOL
Troy

Hendo,
Sounds like a good plan one I may follow me self.
yer mate its getting there but its defiantly a time thing but were are ticking off jobs every time we go down sorely there is and end but all will be worth it once completed drinking beer and cruising did I mention drinking beer and fishing and drinking beer LOL
Troy

Oh yeah don't forget drinking beer and crusing and fishing and drinking more beer HAHA

G'day,
Started framing for the superstructure. My ply finally arrived so picked that up and my 6mm ally plate floor hatches were finished

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103580.166764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103623.050480.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415102915.387599.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415102970.371152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103055.833028.jpg

This is the cabin design I am aiming for

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103156.171794.jpg

Made a rod holder out of some off cuts from AXE during the week too

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103416.507795.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103478.054561.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415103535.884384.jpg

All I can say is that in as long as you've been working on Axe, I could have maybe finished the rod holder. Except it wouldn't have looked as good.

Man that rod rack looks better then anything I've ever bought.

You are an artist my friend... a true artist! - Art

Matt,
You photoshopped the cabin on right? You are coming right along though. Wondering about the odd colored cabin framework. Love your "ally" plate floor hatches. Even my new salon floor hatches will be just painted plywood but don't frequent the YC much any more.

What color are you going to paint the hull and then the cabin?

I know treat lumber in the US has trace amounts of copper.When used on a boat, any metal that is in contact with the wood, will suffer galvanic corrosion regardless of weather or not it gets wet.I do live in a humid area so that may explain it,condensation.I dealt with it soooo much when I was into marine,auto,and RV upholstery.I researched it and many other boat and RV owners had the same experiences.

Matt,
You photoshopped the cabin on right? You are coming right along though. Wondering about the odd colored cabin framework. Love your "ally" plate floor hatches. Even my new salon floor hatches will be just painted plywood but don't frequent the YC much any more.

What color are you going to paint the hull and then the cabin?

Thanks mate.

The plan is to paint the hull black, the cabin white and the roof metallic silver however this may change as she gets built.

Black hulls look Badd Assss! You already know dat! - LOL

Thanks mate.

The plan is to paint the hull black, the cabin white and the roof metallic silver however this may change as she gets built.

May I say that you have extraodinarily good taste. Great color scheme.:D

Matt, the finished product is always in the mind of the creator. I had no idea where you have been headed with the design. Thanks for the insight to where you are going. It will have a clean modern look. I knew it would be nicely done, but this will be outstanding.

Hendo, I have a dark blue hull and although I have deck canvas shielding the boat from the sun, it gets hot. The sun hits the hull twice, once directly and once by reflection. You can feel the difference (which is huge) just with your hand, touching the hull and then the white deck. I have worked in your neck of the woods and it gets pretty warm and just wanted you to consider this. Now would I change my hull to white, heck no....it looks to cool LOL

May I say that you have extraodinarily good taste. Great color scheme.:D

Matt, the finished product is always in the mind of the creator. I had no idea where you have been headed with the design. Thanks for the insight to where you are going. It will have a clean modern look. I knew it would be nicely done, but this will be outstanding.

No; thank you! It was Moonstruck that took my eye and that I wanted to use some of her detail in mine, colours being one of them ?

Hendo, I have a dark blue hull and although I have deck canvas shielding the boat from the sun, it gets hot. The sun hits the hull twice, once directly and once by reflection. You can feel the difference (which is huge) just with your hand, touching the hull and then the white deck. I have worked in your neck of the woods and it gets pretty warm and just wanted you to consider this. Now would I change my hull to white, heck no....it looks to cool LOL

Haha yeah mate. She'll get plenty of heat I'm sure. Everyone I've spoken to says they are hotter but Sometimes ya do what looks cool, not smart; case in point my sleeve tattoos haha.

No; thank you! It was Moonstruck that took my eye and that I wanted to use some of her detail in mine, colours being one of them ?

Matt my boat and I are flattered beyond words. Just overwhelming!:blush:

Haha yeah mate. She'll get plenty of heat I'm sure. Everyone I've spoken to says they are hotter but Sometimes ya do what looks cool, not smart; case in point my sleeve tattoos haha.

Anyway Matt, that's why you're carefully insulating the inside of the hull where it matters right..? Black does really look nice, and it's not that different really in terms of heat penetration. More gets in windows than through hull material anyway, then you will have insulation as well.
Look up the Clipper 30 over here somewhere called Shipshape - she was repainted in black and looks phenomenal.
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s32/start-nice-project-clipper-30ft-4127.html
Cheers,

You just screaming along now it seems! It's gonna be awesome!

Tell me about it. I had a little soft spot by my hawser that I figured I would fix before it got bad. Kept cutting until I had the whole bow deck out. Replaced it with fiberboard, then epoxy and now using gelcoat and fairing it. my 2/3 day project is in it's 4th week. The good news is when I am done it will never need doing again!

Back
Top Bottom