View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Adios to Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi

Tom Magliozzi, (Tom and Ray on NPR's Car Talk, 1/2 of the Tappet Brothers, 50% of Click and Clack) passed away this week from complications related to his Ahlzeimer's Disease. IMO, these guys were some of the wittiest and greatest humorists of our time.

I hope you got the express lane to heaven, Tom! Thanks for the laughs.

Blog Post | Tom Magliozzi 1937-2014 | Car Talk

Here's a sampling of Tom's quotes:

“It's only a car.”

"Do it while you're young. You may never have another chance to do anything this stupid again!"

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations"

“How do you know if you've got a good mechanic? By the size of his boat.”

"If money can fix it, it's not a problem."

“Our Humility is what makes us great.”

“Reality often astonishes theory.”

"Life is too short to own a German car.”

“Kids: get away from the cell phones, get away from the computers, and mail someone a fish before it’s too late.”

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis” - “Unencumbered by the thought process.” Tom’s self-proclaimed motto.

“Never let the facts stand in the way of a good answer”

"Some guy I met said it's amazing how we use cars on our show as an excuse to discuss everything in the world—energy, psychology, behavior, love, money, economics and finance. The cars themselves are boring as hell."

“It is better to travel in hope than arrive in despair.”

"If it falls off, it doesn't matter.”

"I like to drive with the windows open. I mean, before you know it, you're going to spend plenty of time sealed up in a box anyway, right?”

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote