View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #250
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
I don't view forums much different than walking up and down the docks and talking to people.

If you can't sort out the wheat from the chaff...it's just as much you as the medium that you are tapping into.

It's not hard to tell those who have a cue and those that don't...it's just how accurate the info being passed really is. It's just reading people as if you were picking the best contractor to do a job for you or finally selecting a medical professional because there's just something there...

If it's about a homemade cleaner for use on the docks...I'll try just about anything that I read unless it contains a complicated mix of chemicals I'm not familiar with. If it's taking apart a $3500 dollar fuel pump or dismantling my Radome and rewiring it for slightly better performance...I might try a few local experts I know and trust and run the idea past them first..even if I have to pay for help.

No...forums are neither the scourge of the earth for anyone including newbies or the fountain of all knowledge....they are what you make them.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote