View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Arctic Traveller
Guru

City: Juneau Alaska
Vessel Name: Arctic Traveller
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
RE: Your favorite SE Alaskan cruising waters

Our all time favorite has the be the place in your photo, Tracy Arm, and to the South, Fords Terror.* I might be biased though, since we got married in front of the South Sawyer Glacier.* Still, I love the place for several reasons. (goats, bears, seals on the ice, water falls, glaciers and iceburgs, eagles, stunning scenery, the list goes on and on) Glacier Bay is similar, but the restrictions, and huge size of the place put it a distant second in my mind.* I've run hundreds of trips to South Sawyer, and never tire of the place.* In his book, Travels in Alaska, John Muir said he felt Tracy Arm was even more scenic than Yosemite, a park he helped create.* Actually, were headed to Tracy Arm on Wed.(weather and ice allowing that is) * Fords Terror is pure magic too, but very difficult to put into words.* Redbluff Bay, and Warm Springs bay are two other favorites. Actually, it's hard to pick just four or five favorites. We have been exploring here for 15 years, and have just scratched the surface......Arctic Traveller
Arctic Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote